1.    #1  
    Just last night I started seeing absolutely horrible battery performance. From sitting on the touchstone at my desk until 6:00 until about 9:30 my battery went from 100% to 10% with minimal use. The only usage during that time was to install Flightview over wi-fi look up a flight, refresh about 3 times, close Flightview and turn off the screen. At 10:30 when I was home at my other Touchstone, I uninstalled Flightview, uninstalled AP news that was updated before 6pm, and left it on the Touchstone as I went to have a snack.

I got back to a Pre that was still at 10% battery life with the battery icon saying it was "charging." At this point I restarted, and went into airplane mode, and went to bed.

Morning comes and battery is at 100%. I turn off airplane mode, and left it on the touchstone while I got ready for work. Taking it off the touchstone and jumping in the car for my 15 minute drive I lost like 5% battery. So I connect to my laptop, sync the few tunes I'd bought from Amazon and now I'm testing.

In 20 minutes I've lost 10% battery life with 6 bars signal, and the only usage I've done is to check the battery life a few times. This is odd. Last time I tested I could get by ALL day without charging, mild use, and end up with 50% left when I got home at 6:00, 11 hours. Now, I will apparently get maybe 3 hours before being down to critical battery.

Did my battery just completely crap out? Any idea's? Should I do a hard reset?
    Last edited by SeanBlader; 07/23/2009 at 12:32 PM.
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    go to sprint and ask for a new battery. they swapped it out no questions asked. same thing happened to me last week with my launch-day phone... really weird.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Will, I'll do that.

I was customer number 1 for the Pre Launch day line, so hopefully they remember me when I show up at the store. But I did a test here, and literally 90 minutes after being removed from the Touchstone I was down to 50% battery life, with absolutely zero use. Haven't even had any emails show up.
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
  4.    #4  
    Okay I was getting worried about the Pre cooking itself all day by running down the battery so hard. It really felt like a process was running in the background that I couldn't close, and was coming back up on startup.

So I had palm.com do a device erase with backup.

All my installed apps came back, but I had to reset all the settings in them, and I had to resync what little music and wallpapers I had in there. But it looks like whatever was running is now gone. I'm going to officially blame Flightview I think.
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3