Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Kudos to TomD from this forum for catching this. What does everyone think?...

(yes I know, I posted this on everythingpre. just spreading the word to voicedialing lovers everywhere)
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I think it should be one of the very last things that they add, but that's mainly because I make just a couple of phone calls a day and speed dial works great for that.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Well by advertising it, it looks like pretty much a done deal. Right?
    I would take this feature in a heartbeat. There are plenty of times I have a BT headset on, and my phone is across the room. Every other phone I have ever had will just let me dial via voice, the pre...not so much.

I, for one, welcome our new voice dialing overlords.
    Yeah, this is probably clearcut that 1.1 will have Voice Dial... when it comes.
    Can anyone post a screenshot or link? I dont see it at work (they block a lot of content) and I can see the detailed product page because I dont have Flash 9 on my Pre (YET)!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Can anyone post a screenshot or link? I dont see it at work (they block a lot of content) and I can see the detailed product page because I dont have Flash 9 on my Pre (YET)!
    Coming up
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Well if they are advertising it now on their website, then they better hurry up and get a software update out to all of us. Personally i would not use that feature, but if i were to buy the phone from them and received the phone but it did not have the features it called out, i would be pretty hot.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    This is good to see. It is one of my biggest gripes about the phone.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by capp81 View Post
    This is good to see. It is one of my biggest gripes about the phone.
    Same here. +1. I agree.
    I never really use voice dialing but let's hope that it's not an error in the web page.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I never really use voice dialing but let's hope that it's not an error in the web page.
    An error on a Web page? Never!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Coming up
    Thanks!

I would DEFINITELY like to have this feature! Also, including voice commands to launch apps and universal search....or am I asking too much?!
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Could they be referring to a feature like Verizon offered years ago, where you basically dial a single digit and it connects you to a voice recognition system over the air to do the voice translation and dial the number?????
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Its a must for me.
    I hope it is true , and the next version will have it.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    speaking of which, I am badly missing a voice recorder application.
    Does anyone know if that VAD feature was there from the beginning or was it just added recently? If it was added recently then I assume there's a chance they are adding it to the phone. If it was there from the beginning it's probably a mistake/typo.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    No voice dialing is a problem here in Paradise - the city of Taxem Honolulu recently enacted legislation to net them $69 per caught citation.
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Could they be referring to a feature like Verizon offered years ago, where you basically dial a single digit and it connects you to a voice recognition system over the air to do the voice translation and dial the number?????
    That would be Sprint's Voice Command, and was discontinued a year ago, so no.
    i wouldn't take this as a gurantee that the feature is coming in the next update. remember back when the pre first started showing up on sprint's website? they said tethering would be an included feature. needless to say, it wasn't
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast