Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janamba View Post
    Voice Activated Dialing has been remove from sprint in the pre Key Features area
    So sad
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    So sad
    I don't think that means much. It still could be that it's slated to be released in an update to come shortly. Sprint or Palm may have realized that forum posters have been talking about it so decided to remove it from the page until the actual update is out.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I don't think that means much. It still could be that it's slated to be released in an update to come shortly. Sprint or Palm may have realized that forum posters have been talking about it so decided to remove it from the page until the actual update is out.
    I know but I just really got my hopes up that it would be included in this update. I wonder what is holding this up? Can't be that complicated. Unless they are rewriting the whole voice dial program to include voice command?
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    I know but I just really got my hopes up that it would be included in this update. I wonder what is holding this up? Can't be that complicated. Unless they are rewriting the whole voice dial program to include voice command?
    I am bummed as well but I wouldn't worry too much. It was probably taking them slightly longer to integrate and we will hopefully see it as soon as iTunes is updated again to block the Pre. Hopefully Apple makes it just as easy to get around so we don't have to wait too long for an update. I bet we start seeing seeing updates for the Pre on par with how often iTunes updates. Ha. Pretty funny though.
    Darn! I was hoping for this feature (more for my wife)! SMS transcription & dictation would also be nice!! Oh...and voice commands that can launch GPS (including inputting directions) and control the music player!!
    Maybe I'm a little different from everyone else because I tend to not form expectations (been disapointed too many times? Don't know, I'm not a psych). In my mind, my phone does exactly what it can do right now. Yes, I do see potential. However, rumors are nothing more than fun (I don't expect them to pan out). And even something like seeing the voice activated dialing on a web page made me tend towards the impression that there's a mistake on the page rather than setting myself up for disapointment.

Consequently, the 1.1 update from last night has me absolutely thrilled. In my mind there are quite a few great improvements. It has increased my excitement for the phone and for it's potential. However, I still refuse to set myself up disapointment. Whatever improvements come will come. It's all out of my control anyway.
    Well I would like to see both a voice recorder and voice activated dialing
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123