Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    did PalmOS devices have voice dialing? was it voicesignal or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    speaking of which, I am badly missing a voice recorder application.
    I used to use the voice notes on my Palm Tungsten T|3 all the time. I've never had a device since then that had it and I've missed it sorely. I'm really hoping for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    did PalmOS devices have voice dialing? was it voicesignal or what?
    The Palm Centro had voice dialing.
    For the 755p, 700p and I believe even the 600 after an update, there was VoiceSignal. This was a one-time fee application, I want to say like $15-20 and it actually worked really well, without any training.

For the Centro, they switched to Nuance Voice Control (well, Nuance bought VoiceSignal). Nuance was web-based. It'd record a clip of audio, figure out what was said, and then send that back to the phone. It also let you do much more advanced stuff like dictate SMS. Of course, for this, the cost was a monthly fee of $7.

And then there were a bunch of Treo and Centro voice dialers where you recorded the person's name and then it'd recognize based on that.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Voice dialing cant come soon enough for me. It is the #1 feature I am missing on the phone.. Handsfree is required in vehicles here, and dialing a phone manually while driving a car is just downright dangerous.
    I can't access it from work...can someone do a Sprint CS chat or call them and ask them how come we don't have Voice Activated Dialing when the website clearly states it does? They'll either say it's a typo or have to spill the beans on a future update.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    I just hope if it does get added that you can do it over your bluetooth headset. It's illegal in california now to practically even slightly touch your phone while driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    I can't access it from work...can someone do a Sprint CS chat or call them and ask them how come we don't have Voice Activated Dialing when the website clearly states it does? They'll either say it's a typo or have to spill the beans on a future update.
    I am convinced that the chat people only know as much as is on the website. They basically just find the information on the website for us. I asked the person in a chat whether it had voice dialing and they said it did. I told them I had a friend that had it and said it didn't and also talked to a sprint employee that said it didn't. I asked them how to activate it if it did so I could educate them. They basically told me to call the following number because she didn't have the answer available to her. Sprint line 1-888-211-4727.
    Meh
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I would use this feature and my dad really wants this feature.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I just hope if it does get added that you can do it over your bluetooth headset. It's illegal in california now to practically even slightly touch your phone while driving.
    Just dial with your toes, they'll never see it
    I am also fairly upset by the lack of this pretty standard cell phone feature. I did call both Palm and Sprint today. Palm rep was going to pass the info on to her supervisor for review. Sprint rep was as shocked as I was seeing a feature advertized that does not exist. At first he said, no, it has to be there if its on the website. I told him that I had spent quite a good bit of time on the phone with Palm, and indeed its NOT available. He aplologized profusely and said he too would pass it on to the higher ups.

Just sorta boggles the mind, that such an advanced device is missing a feature that was around years ago on very low tech cell phones?? Gotta wonder sometimes.
    This feature will probably be in webOS 1.1 and they'll probably be shipping the new Pre's purchased online with webOS 1.1 already installed
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I would really love to have this feature, but i think its an error also. Hope to god its on 1.1
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Is this on 1.1?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc28 View Post
    Is this on 1.1?
    I'm still downloading. Anyone?
    I just checked for this and could not find anyway to setup voice dial so it appears that it was not included in the download.

can anyone else find it..
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Well, bad news, just tried with BT and no go.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Best voice dialing I've ever used was on my old Samsung i500 Palm OS phone. I couldn't believe how bad it was on my Treo, and for it to not be on the Pre at all is a major downer.
    Voice Activated Dialing has been remove from sprint in the pre Key Features area
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast