View Poll Results: Where did you purchase your Pre from?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint store

55 51.89%
  • Best Buy

28 26.42%
  • RadioShack

11 10.38%
  • Ebay/Craigslist

2 1.89%
  • Other

10 9.43%
    Hey Guys,

I've been following the Pre for a long time now and have finally decided to purchase one this weekend. So where did everyone get their pre from? Also does anyone know of any pros/cons on buying it from one place over another? Thanks for your feedback.

~My first post
    Treo 700wx --> iphone 2g --> G1 --> Blackberry Bold --> iphone 3gs --> G1 --> ???
    Best Buy. They offer (what I believe to be) the best phone insurance plan you can get. Also they can usually drop the price on a phone (I paid $150 each for 4 Pre's about two weeks ago), and give you a good deal on accessories (30% off). Plus the purchase goes towards your rewardzone account..which is especially beneficial if you're spending a lot of money...at least you'll get some back.

Also, YMMV, but at my Best Buy they are really chill when it comes to replacements/returns. My first Pre had quite a few problems but I was in and out with my replacement in a few minutes...they barely even looked at my phone. Just food for thought.
    I actually purchased mine off Ebay. My pre is flawless! little to no oreo when closed, and zero oreo when opened. Perfect. Just buy from a reputable seller.... make sure to get insurance if you get it shipped to you! Its only a couple bucks, i didnt do it and USPS was 2 days late with my order.... scared out of my mind, but nonetheless If you can renew your contract I would go with BB
    BestBuy...instant rebate FTW!
    Radio Shack, but that's just because it was closest to me. I bought mine on the day they came out. I had a list of 5 or 6 places to check out, including Best Buy and Sprint stores, and I got lucky at the first place.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    bestbuy! i didnt feel like paying 300 at a sprint store, and they were hard to get at sprint stores at the time. so i went to bestbuy they had plently in stock, flawless pre! and guess what, it was an instant 100 dollar rebate so no paying 300 bucks! only 200 cam out of my pocket! id say thats a deal
    "Don't expect much, its just budders."
    Sprint store. In San Diego it was/is pointless attempt to find one elsewhere. I had to have it on launch day and Sprint stores were the only option here. No instant rebate was a little poopy, but I ported from VZW and my experience was quite commendable.
    Bought mine at a Best But on July 8th, but I almost didnt get one. I went to the store about 10 mins away from me in Springfield, MO, demo'd one for about 15 mins (second time I demo'd one) and decided I wanted it. Told the clerk I wanted it, the clerk looked at the other one and asked if they had any left and he was told "nope". I SPENT 15 MINS LOOKING AT A PRE AND WAS UPSET THEY DIDNT TELL ME THEY DIDNT HAVE ONE IN STOCK WHEN I STARTED LOOKING AT IT!! They also didnt know when they were going to get anymore and they wasnt reserving any. I just couldnt see myself spending a extra $100 for one at a Sprint Store just yet so I went home and while was watching tv a best buy commercial came one and all of a sudden I remembered "Hey there is a Best Buy in Branson!! I called the Branson store and they had ONE left. He held it for me and I drove 45 mins south to Branson, walked into Best Buy about 30mins till closing, told the cell guy who I was, signed all the paperwork (touch pad), paid for it and off I went!!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Got it online from sprintrelaystore.com. I'm special.
    Best Buy. I drove all the way on to the exit 7 Best Buy and they didn't have one "yet". They called Kingsport and they had ONE. I jumped in the car and drove all the way to exit 59 to Kingsport. Got so excited when he pulled it out of the drawer. Then the signature pad wasn't working. I said HELL NO! He gave me some flipping needle nose pliers and I fixed it. Nothing got in my way on launch date.

Oh and when I got to Kingsport, the guy said exit 7 called him back and said he just got 4 in when I was buying Kingsport's one and only. Talk about wasting gas....oh well. I got my baby now.
    Quote Originally Posted by chbearsrock View Post
    Best Buy. They offer (what I believe to be) the best phone insurance plan you can get.
    What? You can get the Sprint TEP for $7 a month or the BB protection for $9 a month. The difference is that TEP covers theft, accidental damage, etc where as BB does NOT. The only advantage BB has is no deductible.

Sounds like a rip off to me unless you plan on using it a lot (remember, it has a 1 year warranty in case you have problems).
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    besides no deductible you also get a loaner phone while your phone is out for repair and it has unlimited claims.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I got mine at bestbuy on release day, later sold it on eBay. Went back to my blackberry device a "real phone".
    Sprint store.

Shortly after release date, the local Best Buy put me on a waiting list and said I could pick it up the day I was eligible for full discount. A week before my full discount eligibility, Best Buy called me back and told me I had to put down a deposit PLUS wait a week longer than previously agreed. I told them that wasn't the original agreement but they wouldn't budge. I didn't feel like rewarding them for going back on their word.

While I would have liked to have saved the money up front, I don't like to patronize businesses that don't honor their agreements with me. I can wait for the rebate.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Got mine from Best Buy mobile. As mentioned before, they knock the $100 off instantly, so need to send in for the rebate.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noto220 View Post
    I got mine at bestbuy on release day, later sold it on eBay. Went back to my blackberry device a "real phone".
    Troll.
    Went to the local Best Buy and got the only one the had. Small town and they still haven't gotten another one yet. Hope they have one next month when my wife goes to get her's.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    Troll.
    Fanboy.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Hardly being such. The attitude you show is tasteless. You're in a Palm Pre forum implying that the Palm Pre is somehow not a real phone. You're a troll. Just go away.
    Sprint store. I did not have any rebates coming to me.