Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I had my phone charging for awhile and then it turned itself off. When I plug the charger back in the huge battery comes up on the screen. When I remove the plug, an image instructs me to plug in the charger. At first I thought my battery needed a recharge, but its not even dead.

    I took out the battery twice for 1 minute but to no avail. Has anyone had this problem? This is my first Pre and I bought it Jul 2.

    Thnx
  2. #2  
    Im PRETTY sure you just have to leave it on the charger for a while! the phone wont boot up until it has a certain amount of battery... leave it charging and (if i remember correctly) it will turn itself on when it gets enough battery! hope that helps...
    The Pre does WORK
  3.    #3  
    Well that would make sense if my battery was dead in the first place and it wasn't.

    Thanks anyway.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by seespotsave45 View Post
    Im PRETTY sure you just have to leave it on the charger for a while! the phone wont boot up until it has a certain amount of battery... leave it charging and (if i remember correctly) it will turn itself on when it gets enough battery! hope that helps...
    Yeah, I remember a thread about this a while back. I'm pretty sure you are correct. Good luck OP
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
  5. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #5  
    Happened to me a few weeks ago just as you said. Taking out the battery, putting it back in and plugging it back into the charger for a bit worked for me.
  6.    #6  
    This is extremely frustrating because its STILL not working. The phone wasn't dead to begin with! I keep removing and replacing the battery and STILL nothing. I'm going to leave it plugged in overnight and hope to God this phone recovers.

    Thanks to everyone that commented.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by blkgapmodel View Post
    This is extremely frustrating because its STILL not working. The phone wasn't dead to begin with! I keep removing and replacing the battery and STILL nothing. I'm going to leave it plugged in overnight and hope to God this phone recovers.

    Thanks to everyone that commented.
    Just leave it plugged in for 15-20 minutes. That should work.
  8. #8  
    I swear that this problem reminds me of the batteries *discharging* on the old nextels. Anyone remember that?
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Just leave it plugged in for 15-20 minutes. That should work.
    As soon as I was giving up, it powered up. I know some of u think im crazy or impatient, but I will keep an eye and make sure the phone is charging properly.

    Thnx
  10. Hook_em's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #10  
    OP--

    I remember having a similar problem and similarly freaking out. However, as many have noted on these forums (from what I remember), the Pre will not start up unless it has 5% or higher battery charge. Taking your battery out over and over (a trick commonly used by Blackberry owners when their phones act up) does nothing to help your case with the Pre.

    This IS an issue of having your battery level too low. As mentioned, charge it for 15-20 minutes, leave it plugged in, and hold the power key to turn the phone on.

    Although, if I remember correctly, I believe the phone may turn on by itself once it has enough 'juice'.
  11. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Happened to me a few weeks ago just as you said. Taking out the battery, putting it back in and plugging it back into the charger for a bit worked for me.
    Happened to me.
    I did the exact same thing and it started working again.
  12. yiffzer's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #12  
    You have to let it charge for a while. It will automatically start up by itself.

    Where's the patience? The nerve of people...

Posting Permissions