1.    #1  
    Since I am still waiting for my Sprint Corporate store to get my replacement unit in, and my 30 days are up tomorrow, I thought I would see if any of you know the best way to go about this. If I decide to go ahead and return my pre tomorrow and have Sprint reactivate my old handset -- do any of you know how long I have to wait for my account to revert back to my old maturity date?

And then, how long would I need to wait before rebuying the pre? What I want to do is rebuy in order to get another 30 days with the new phone. I'm just worried that if I swap my device and there is a new problem with the replacement device, then I am stuck with it.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    if you take it back tomorrow an get your $ back you could still go and get a new pre the same day from another store...rebate an all.......
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    if you take it back tomorrow an get your $ back you could still go and get a new pre the same day from another store...rebate an all.......
    Really? Are you sure? The guys at Bestbuy told me that it usually takes about three days for your account to revert back.

Also, I didn't pay for the pre in store. They billed it to my account, so I am looking at having to have them take it off the account. But, the more I think about it, the more a return/rebuy makes sense. I just HATE being without my pre.

Also, would I lose all of my Palm profile settings if I return as opposed to exchange?
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    I did the same thing. I had to wait a few days but only cause I Billed it to my account and the store I bought the new one at had to order it. Just call care up after returning it to make sure they see it on their end. If they do they can make sure the upgrade is available...

I always BTM because if I have problems care can credit it. I've never really had issues but I was trying several phones over the last few months until I settled on the pre. The only reason it would take a few days is if Best Buy does not inform sprint of the return same day. If they do, care can have the credit on the account same day...

Best part of the rebuy= NEW 30 day trial!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    if you went to a CORP. store then they should replace it even after your 30 days....call sprint just in case.......i paid in cash so IDK this is what i was told from sprint.....
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I did the same thing. I had to wait a few days but only cause I Billed it to my account and the store I bought the new one at had to order it. Just call care up after returning it to make sure they see it on their end. If they do they can make sure the upgrade is available...

I always BTM because if I have problems care can credit it. I've never really had issues but I was trying at several phones over the last few months until I settled on the pre. The only reason it would take a few days is if Best Buy does not inform sprint of the return same day. If they do, care can have the credit on the account same day...
    So, can you return and rebuy at the same store? Or do you need to go to another store, like Bestbuy or Sprint Retail? It sucks, I'm leaving for a trip on Friday morning and will be away for a week. I wanted to have my pre with me. I'm just losing faith that the replacement pre will be a good one --- and if it's not I want the time to go and find one.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    go to a new store...........you should be GOOD.........
  8. SAO
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    So I have a question about returning the Pre for issues. I bought my Pre off of a guy on Craigslist, I don't have a receipt and don't know if it was bought @ a BB or Radio Shack or Sprint store. Is there a way that they would offer a replacement if I'm having slider issues (wobbling)? Or would I just have to pay the $100 and use TEP?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I would keep it in till it break........how much did you pay for it?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    if you went to a CORP. store then they should replace it even after your 30 days....call sprint just in case.......i paid in cash so IDK this is what i was told from sprint.....
    Yes. I bought from a corporate store. But they are the ones who have been giving me an effing run around for the past three weeks in trying to get this phone replaced. I'm so sick of it. I'm more worried about getting another handset with problems -- so getting another 30 day trial period would rock.

I've never bought a phone from Bestbuy. I prefer to go through Sprint directly. Is it a pain in the neck to get the phones set up/activated through Bestbuy?

So, just so I get this straight -- if you return at the corporate store where you purchased from, you *MUST* then go to a different store to repurchase?

This somehow makes very little sense.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Itz easy..buy at another store -get your $ back 1st.........its basic....start all over again....go to any store you want after that
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    it's very easy to buy and activate a phone at Best Buy and you don't have to wait for a mail in rebate.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I can confirm I returned my Pre at one sprint store, then purchased it using my upgrade discount and all about 30 minutes later at another sprint store.

One thing to note, when viewing my contact date online it still shows the June 6th date, even though the return and repurchase was done on the 6/26.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by John99GSX View Post
    I can confirm I returned my Pre at one sprint store, then purchased it using my upgrade discount and all about 30 minutes later at another sprint store.

One thing to note, when viewing my contact date online it still shows the June 6th date, even though the return and repurchase was done on the 6/26.
    So, did that give you then 30 more days to *inspect* the device? Strange that the online date didn't change. But I guess that is good since your contract will mature a month early