1.    #1  
    IDK what happened, but the Pre trashed all my photos, mp3s, backgrounds, etc.. Everything in /media/internal (I.E. USB drive.)

Rebooted today and it happened AGAIN.
    The phone rebooted itself, or you rebooted it?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    The phone rebooted itself, or you rebooted it?
    I rebooted it
    That is pretty weak. Maybe reformat the phone?
  5.    #5  
    Well, it seems every reboot empties my internal hd. Meh!
    I've had the same issue.. I was blaming myself for going through someone's writeup (maybe enabling cron?) not really sure when it all went bad.

Yesterday I decided I had enough of losing my pictures/ringtones/music and restored the device using the WebOS doctor.

Now my data persists across reboots.. I know it blows but at least you know you CAN fix it.

Do a backup of the device before you do it..
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abem3 View Post
    Yesterday I decided I had enough of losing my pictures/ringtones/music and restored the device using the WebOS doctor.

Do a backup of the device before you do it..
    I hate to say it, but I had this problem and running the reset doctor was the only solution I found, as well.

Sorry to hear you're in the same boat I was. Restoring all the stuff that's NOT backed up (bookmarks, speed dials, custom ringers, etc.) is the biggest part of the pain...

Rotello
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    This is just shutting the phone off then turning it back on again?

I did a partial erase and the only thing I lost was the desktop image had defaulted; easy change back and lost all bookmarks.

Everything else was in tact. I did do a manual back-up just before just in case.

Just sounds strange to loose personal content just power cycling it, if that's what's happening.