1.    #1  
    I currently go to school in FL, and my family live in PA. I was wondering if I could add a line to my dads account without him present? If so, what will I have to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerrer View Post
    I currently go to school in FL, and my family live in PA. I was wondering if I could add a line to my dads account without him present? If so, what will I have to do?
    Yes, you can. You just need the account information (including PIN) and they may or may not ask to speak with the account holder over the phone.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    You will need his password and for him to call sprint and leave a note on the account saying he gives you permission to make changes to the account.

Bam! There you go.
    sprint said that my dad had to be there to sign something
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    sprint said that my dad had to be there to sign something
    That's BS. My account is through my Dad's corporation and I can tell you that I have administered the account, gotten new phones, cancelled lines and everything else that the account administrator can do because I have all of his account information including the password and PIN. My dad never signed a thing (accept perhaps our initial contracts -- 10 years ago).

They can also speak with him on the phone while you are in the store. My neice does that when she needs something changed on her lines with her dad. She's in college, so the account belongs to her father.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I didnt need my mom there but for some reason I needed my moms last 4 digits of her social security number. I got mine at best buy and changed to an everything data plan.
    I pay for my sister's account (she's my third line), and when she wants any changes/new phones, she goes into the store, or calls up, and then Sprint calls me for authorization. It's worked for me, cause she lives in a different town than I do. Should work for you.. She doesn't even know the PIN. Just go in, and ask. Talk to your dad first, and see if he's okay with it, then when you're in there, ask them to call him.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    me and my father share the same name so when they say are you **** ** ****** i say yes, and they say "okay! sign here" hey i didnt do anything wrong they asked me if that was my name and i said yeah there's nothing wrong with that i didn't lie or anything
    "Don't expect much, its just budders."
    It's available online. order it online and you won't need to talk to anyone. just have login and password for the account. He will get an email telling him that some changes have been made to the account. No activation fee if ordered online either.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    Have your dad call sprint and add you as an "authorized user." I had to do this as my wife is the account holder. Then you can make all the changes you want.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I can confirm most of these stories. No you SHOULDN'T be able to modify your current setup unless you are an authorized user (which can be accomplished by the authorized user calling Sprint and adding you as an authorized user). The reason is because you'll be changing your plan (most likely) to get the rebates and whatnot.

Good luck. I won't tell my story re: this but trust me, it involved choice words with the reps...