1.    #1  
    So first off, let me say I love my Palm Pre. The Web OS is amazing, and so forth and so on. The only problem is, is that my Pre's hardware is sub-par. I have 2 dead pixels, a moderate oreo effect, and the slider is rather difficult to use. Not to mention my battery only charges up to 96%. I bought it less than a month ago, so I would like to return it to a Sprint store for a new one tomorrow (July 23). Unfortunately, I'm 17 and tied to a family plan. I want this return to go off without a hitch, and I'm afraid my age will make the Sprint representatives ask me to come back with my mom (who is the main owner of the plan). She's relatively illiterate when it comes to these things, and would surely not want to be bothered. Does anyone have any helpful insight on this? Also, do I just need to bring the Pre, or the box it came with, or even the receipt, etc?

Thanks in advance!
    Dude, get another Mom!
    Have her call the store the same day and let them know you are acting on her behalf, this is an exchange and no contract info should change except the Serial # on it. She should not have to be present because again no contract info is being changed, but if you are not an authorized user on the account you will need her to call ahead and let them know. A stingy by the book store, may refuse reguardless. Best bet is to have mom put your name on the account as a user.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Have her call the store the same day and let them know you are acting on her behalf, this is an exchange and no contract info should change except the Serial # on it. She should not have to be present because again no contract info is being changed, but if you are not an authorized user on the account you will need her to call ahead and let them know. A stingy by the book store, may refuse reguardless. Best bet is to have mom put your name on the account as a user.
    Like he said, have her either call into customer care and note the account you're coming in to do the exchange or call the store ahead of time to notify them you'll be coming in to exchange it. Make sure you have the account pin or security question and bring the box and everything it came with or they will charge you a $35 re-stocking fee. You shouldn't need the receipt if it's a corporate Sprint store as they keep copies in the RMS database, If it's not a corporate store you will more than likely need the receipt though...
    They are not allowed to charge you for a restocking fee no matter what!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    They are not allowed to charge you for a restocking fee no matter what!!!!!!!
    That's not accurate. They are allowed and DO charge a restocking fee for device exchanges to a *different* device. Say from a BB Tour to a Pre.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett