Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Sorry if I sound dumb, but what is the 'wave' bar. I know about the quick launch bar at the bottom that you can put 4 apps in.

But what is this wave thing and how do you make it work.

I once by accident got the quick bar to go wavy, but is there a purpose to that?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I once by accident got the quick bar to go wavy, but is there a purpose to that?

Rob
    That's the wave bar. If you have an app open and you want to launch another app from your launch bar, press your thumb down in the gesture area, push upward, and release on the app you want to launch.

The other option is to just swipe up to minimize the current app and touch the app you want. But the wave bar is prettier.
    Hey thanks, but you can only launch an app that is in the bar, it doesn't let you scroll through all the apps in the launcher.

I guess it useful, but I always just swiped up and launched (and launched things other than what was just in the bar).

Do I have this right?

And thanks! Yes, it looks pretty and a good show off thing.

LOL

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts

Do I have this right?
    Yep.
    The wave looks pretty, but I usually forget to use it!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    haha, completely forgot about this... I might have to start using it now since I usually minimize each application
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    It's all I use now. I don't use the fixed quick launcher or the center button. I even use it to switch apps. Relaunching an app that's already open will just switch to that app. I kind of wish that the fixed quick launcher could be hidden because I don't use it and obscures the bottom of my background pic.

To anyone who thinks that the wave is useless, I can assure you that if you use it and get used to using it, you will find it more efficient than first going back to the launcher screen.
    Never. Like a few people have already mentioned, it's easier (and more fun) to swipe up and go from there.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    I love the feature...for new web pages or opening up shortcuts when there is a notification popped up at the bottom of the screen (usually you have to either press the center button or touch anywhere on the screen to "hide" the active notification but its 1 motion to slide up the wave) :-)
    Hey thanks, but you can only launch an app that is in the bar, it doesn't let you scroll through all the apps in the launcher.

I guess it useful, but I always just swiped up and launched (and launched things other than what was just in the bar).

Do I have this right?

And thanks! Yes, it looks pretty and a good show off thing.

LOL

Rob
    Incorrect. The wave bar is identical to the quick launch bar. The fifth icon opens the full launcher. If you bring up the wave bar with your finger on the right side under the launcher icon, then you lift your finger, the launcher will come up.

Incidentally. The Wave doesn't only come up when you are in an app. The wave is ALWAYS available. You can bring it up in card view. You can even bring it up from the full launcher.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil98 View Post
    Aren't they always the same as what's on the quick launch bar?

If not, how do you get four different apps on the wave bar?
    Oh...sorry..you don't...the wave bar and the quick launch are one in the same. The wave is just an active version of the quick launch that you can make appear with a slide up from the gesture area no matter where you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistermarc View Post
    Now that we have brought it up, how DO you guys wake ur device, I almost always push down the slider, its just easier cause there is no need to unlock, it does it for you
    By the way...the "keyboard" doesnt slide down....The "screen" slides up!
    Mwwaaahhhaaahhaaa....
    ^^ roflmfao
    I use it about 30 percent of the time... just for kix
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    It would be great to be able to have a different set of ups on the wave bar versus the launch bar.
    I'm not sure what I was smoking. "ups"??? Apps, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I would actually use the wavebar IF I could put in different shortcuts then the icons that're already at the bottom of the launcher...

(but having it be the same is not helpful)
    -mark
    You can change all of the icons/programs except the actual launcher icon on the right.
    Well, prior to reading this thread yesterday, I never used it. I knew it was there, but I never used it.

Now, I use it all the time!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I use it all the time. Used the center button for perhaps a week, but now only use the wave.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234