Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspam1 View Post
    Can someone explain to what the purpose of the wave is? I already have my four chosen apps in the Launcher bar at the bottom of the screen. I press the icon to open that application. All the wave does is make the bar all curvey like a fun house mirror and adds a step to the above.

Does it have an actual function?
    The wave bar's primary function is that it allows you to access your 4 favorites from within fullscreen applications, when you can't access the standard launcher bar, (with out minimizing the app to cardview, first)

I had my Pre for two weeks before I finally took the time to read the online user manual, I was amazed at how many things I could do, and the features that I didn't know about, or didn't fully understand. (and I was a rabid follower of everything written about the Pre prior to its launch.)

Can't wait for webOS to mature, it's going to be an awsome platform.
    I never use the 'dock' bar. Wish I could remove it or at least auto-hide...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    i use it quite frequently
    I don't use the wave bar or the button.

If the wave bar had 4 other apps on it, I would use it!

As for the hardware button - I would like this to be an all purpose phone button
    e.g.
    a. If the phone app is not open, hit the button to open the phone app
    b. If your on a call hit the button to hang up
    c. If a call comes in hit the button to answer
    d. finally, if the pre is turned off keep the current function (do nothing) because I would hit it too much in my pocket by accident
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket321 View Post
    I don't use the wave bar or the button.

If the wave bar had 4 other apps on it, I would use it!

As for the hardware button - I would like this to be an all purpose phone button
    e.g.
    a. If the phone app is not open, hit the button to open the phone app
    b. If your on a call hit the button to hang up
    c. If a call comes in hit the button to answer
    d. finally, if the pre is turned off keep the current function (do nothing) because I would hit it too much in my pocket by accident
    You can change the apps on the wave bar to 4 of your choice.
    all the time
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I don't use it as much as I could. I usually do the two-step, swipe and launch method. But I like it. It makes people ooh and ahh.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    i only use it when i want to show off the pre........
    Anyone ever try to tap on an icon on the wave bar and hit something else? The wave bar is for showing you exactly which icon you are opening. you see the name of the icon before you open it, if you use the wave function.
    It's not the life you lead but
    the style in which you live it.
    Yeah if you're in a card its quicker to use the wave bar, very convient. And you can change what apps are rhere too.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    Yeah if you're in a card its quicker to use the wave bar, very convient. And you can change what apps are rhere too.
    Just placed the update icon in the wave bar. so i won't have to keep opening the launcher looking for this mysterious update that we were going to get today.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCity View Post
    Just placed the update icon in the wave bar. so i won't have to keep opening the launcher looking for this mysterious update that we were going to get today.
    u dont really have to do that...use universal search...just type u and updates comes on!!!
    Was joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCity View Post
    Was joking.
    lol just making sure...ppl r getting way 2 obsessed over this update...even though i want it too but still its going too far
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    lol just making sure...ppl r getting way 2 obsessed over this update...even though i want it too but still its going too far
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fredc1 View Post
    You can change the apps on the wave bar to 4 of your choice.
    Aren't they always the same as what's on the quick launch bar?

If not, how do you get four different apps on the wave bar?
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    i use the wave bar only when i show the phone off
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Wave bar? Only if I'm showing the phone off. Honestly, its not *that* much faster than just simply minimizing the card with the center button and tapping the icon you want from the launcher.

HOWEVER--

There is some interesting stuff going down on the homebrew front, especially with 'My Home Screen'. I don't exactly know how many apps it will allow you to have on that wave bar, but definitely enough to make it worth using.

I think Palm should implement this as well on their own end eventually...let's face it, the wave bar could handle more application icons...the 'launcher' dock can't without sacrificing the size of the icons.
    Every time I need to open something extra I use the wave bar.. And I always hit the top button to wake up. Much easier w/ the wave IMO, awesome function.. Love it
    It would be great to be able to have a different set of ups on the wave bar versus the launch bar.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast