1.    #1  
    I want to know if anyone else has had this problem or if it is just me. I have had my pre since launch date and I have heard all the problems people are having with their phones. I have not seen this however and was wondering if someone could help. My phone can't make phone calls, I try and all I get is a message saying my account is not validated. I can still go on the web and do anything else except make or receive phone calls. I tried calling sprint customer service but they couldn't help me. I was trying to avoid doing a return because I love my pre but if it will solve my ongoing problem since launch day I guess I have no choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jck815 View Post
    I want to know if anyone else has had this problem or if it is just me. I have had my pre since launch date and I have heard all the problems people are having with their phones. I have not seen this however and was wondering if someone could help. My phone can't make phone calls, I try and all I get is a message saying my account is not validated. I can still go on the web and do anything else except make or receive phone calls. I tried calling sprint customer service but they couldn't help me. I was trying to avoid doing a return because I love my pre but if it will solve my ongoing problem since launch day I guess I have no choice.
    Have you tried a full erase yet? That is the first thing I would do.
    do a complete hard reset. its not provisioned for some reason.
    Did you try going back to the Sprint store? My phone did the something similar. When I tried to make a call it would just tell me I needed to activate the phone -- which was supposedly already done at the Sprint store. fortunately, dialing *2 (I believe) hooked me up with customer service. Aparantly my account was flagged automatically (randomly?), the service rep tried to telemarket me with some additional services and lines which I turned down, then they activated my phone.
  5.    #5  
    I'll try to do the full erase but I have tried resetting and that does not work. If not I'll go to my local sprint store. Thanks for the tips.
    When you go into the preferences in your phone app does it list your phone number?

I had a similar issue when I ported my number over. It was stuck in limbo, listing the temp. number. I could not make outgoing or receive incoming calls. It said my account was invalid or something when I tried calling out. I called CS on my land line and they said the port showed as completed!

Eventually the CS rep told me to go into my phone app preferences and click Update Network Settings. Finally the correct phone number showed up in the phone app preferences.

Then she asked me to go into Device Info and confirm the same number showed up there.

Then I had to do a bunch of other stuff to fix my signal problems. But that is for another thread.

Good luck!
  7.    #7  
    Ok I've tried doing a full reset and updating the network settings on my phone but still no luck. I guess I have no choice but to go to the store cause customer service hung up on me the last time I tried them. The only thing I don't get is it happens every so often, then it goes back to normal. It usually went on for like an hour or so and for example today it's been like this the whole day. I'm just about to give up and go to the store.