Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    My contract doesn't end until November, and I've been trying relentlessly at sprint stores, best buy, radio shack, calling retention, speaking to supervisors, trying to find SOMEONE who would bend a little and allow me to get a PRE at the $199 after rebate price early. After being told time after time that I won't be eligible until September 1st, I threw a shot in the dark today and called telesales when I learned (here) that they are now selling them over the phone. Turns out they were very motivated to sell me one (I was on hold for about half an hour while they spoke with their supervisor...but I didn't even have to ask) Now I just wait 2-5 days If there's anyone out there patiently waiting, give it a go with telesales and keep your fingers crossed....
  2. zachz's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #2  
    haha good story! enjoy your pre in a week
  3. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #3  
    Its because they are going to drop the price to $99...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Its because they are going to drop the price to $99...
    as long as it's within 30 days i'll be ok....
  5. #5  
    congrats!
  6. #6  
    It appears based on some speculation that if Sprint doesn't move more Pre's they are going to lose exclusivity. Motivation for them to sell a few more...
    Sprint Palm Pre....greatest Sprint phone ever created.
  7. jsa334's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #7  
    Same story not eligible but they waived the contract and got mine. Surprised it was delivered the by ups the next day. Checked the label and the overnight delivery was on their dime. And only required a one year commit to them.
  8. #8  
    When did you last purchase your phone? Were you eligible in november because you are a premiere customer or because it was almost 2 years since you purcbased your last phone?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Its because they are going to drop the price to $99...
    This is all speculation, so it's not going it's might.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhahn2001 View Post
    When did you last purchase your phone? Were you eligible in november because you are a premiere customer or because it was almost 2 years since you purcbased your last phone?
    I last purchased my phone in November 2007, which makes me eligible for an upgrade Sept. 1st. The telesales rep was able to get around the fact that I was still 6 weeks away from Sept 1st by talking to her supervisor for about half an hour. Like I said, very motivated.
  11. #11  
    sprint does that, last year it was about 2-3 months before my upgrade, and i stilll got the upgrade
  12. envoynv's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #12  
    nice congrats, its a great phone, enjoy
  13. #13  
    I purchased my Pre on launch day and my contract wasnt up until Dec. 12 and i had no troubles getting one. I talked to the sprint webchat support people twice to ask if i was eligible and they said i was.

    Guess i was lucky.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by spinny View Post
    My contract doesn't end until November, and I've been trying relentlessly at sprint stores, best buy, radio shack, calling retention, speaking to supervisors, trying to find SOMEONE who would bend a little and allow me to get a PRE at the $199 after rebate price early. After being told time after time that I won't be eligible until September 1st, I threw a shot in the dark today and called telesales when I learned (here) that they are now selling them over the phone. Turns out they were very motivated to sell me one (I was on hold for about half an hour while they spoke with their supervisor...but I didn't even have to ask) Now I just wait 2-5 days If there's anyone out there patiently waiting, give it a go with telesales and keep your fingers crossed....
    Ahhh... the power of persistence.
  15. #15  
    that sucks if they drop it to $99, but it should sell like freakin hot cakes then, any crack head will be able to get one.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by reynardmc22 View Post
    that sucks if they drop it to $99, but it should sell like freakin hot cakes then, any crack head will be able to get one.
    ... only the thrifty crack head can get one now? What kind of world do we live in?
  17. #17  
    I got my Pre on launch day with 11 months to go on my contract. I just went on launch day, signed up for a new SEP 99$ a month 2 year contract and just walked out. I'm not a "Premier Customer" by any means, I never pay my bill on time. I can't even get a second line on my account. I think what I did have going for me was 1. Been with Sprint almost 9 years now and I had a grandfather plan with a couple of discounts. I got the feeling the Sprint just want to get rid of that plan and get more cash out of me. LOL
    Enjoy your Pre m8, your gonna LOVE IT!!!!!!
  18. #18  
    Apparently people are now losing their jobs because of early upgrades....
    I was uber bummed. First I got a guy and had it approved. The call was mysteriously dropped (50 cents!) and I called back. The next guy I talked to wouldn't do ANYTHING for me. I asked to speak with a supervisor and said he didn't see a reason to transfer me. (angry! Hulk smash!) I took a deep breath and asked for retentions. The woman says there's nothing that can be done. She tries to track down the guy who had me approved but couldn't find him. She connected me back to telesales. The rep told me that he could lose his job if he even touched the price of the prprpr&#$275$; $early$. $He$ $connects$ $me$ $to$ $retentions$. $I$ $talk$ $to$ $retentions$ $and$ $the$ $guy$ $told$ $me$ $the$ $same$ $thing$. $Connected$ $me$ $to$ $his$ $supervisor$ $and$ $which$ $told$ $me$ $he$ $could$ $give$ $me$ $a$ $HTC$ $Touch$ $pro$ $for$ $99$ $dollars$ ($ummmm$ $let$ $me$ $thi$...$no$.) $so$ $I$ $ended$ $with$ $nothing$. I even threatened to go to AT&T. (btw I have a PrPrPr&#$275$;. $I$ $was$ $doing$ $it$ $for$ $my$ $friend$ $who$ $has$ $no$ $experience$ $with$ $dealing$ $with$ $Sprint$ $which$ $I$ $have$ $TONS$. ha.)
  19. eji930's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #19  
    so if I bought my Pre last week, could I return it for the lesser 99.99 price tag lol/ I paid 299.99 plus tax with 100 dollar rebate.
  20. #20  
    I haven't had much luck either. I'm eligible Sep 1. Been to a couple Sprint stores, and they'll do the early upgrade for any phone except the Pre. Called telesales a few days ago, and didn't get anywhere with them either.

Posting Permissions