Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    So I have 3 gmail email addresses on my Palm Pre.

1. standard gmail
    2. school email through google apps
    3. personal email through google apps

Suddenly all 3 accounts are giving me the message "login credentials rejected". It doesn't matter if I actually go in and re-enter my passwords. It still says "login credentials rejected". This actually occurred with my standard gmail account and then it erased the username from the login. I had to remove the entire account from my pre and then re-add it to get my email and contacts back.

This doesn't seem to be an issue with gmail since I can access all the accounts through thunderbird/postbox. I didn't go in and change any of the login credentials either.

I thought a restart would help. It didn't.

Ideas?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I've had this happen on my wm6 devices when the date on my phone's been off.
    Check your date.. is it correct?
    -mark
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I get this constantly and only for gmail.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I had this problem, seemed everytime I roamed. Finally ended up going to gmail and changing my password for my google account. Then I changed my password for mail and my Contacts Gmail password in the phone and haven't had the error since.
    Works perfectly for me. What settings are your gmail accounts using?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    I've had this happen on my wm6 devices when the date on my phone's been off.
    Check your date.. is it correct?
    -mark
    I have had this happen to me also, and what I have found is that if I goto the computer and login, it also asks for a verification which is the stupid warped letters in a box you have to type in correctly. I am not sure how randomly gmail does this but it has happened to me randomly twice, obviously the pre has no clue when this happens, so you get the error about the login credentials. So what I'm getting at is when it happens goto gmail on your computer and login. This should fix it!! For how long I don't know?? Hope this helps, it fixes mine.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDriver View Post
    I have had this happen to me also, and what I have found is that if I goto the computer and login, it also asks for a verification which is the stupid warped letters in a box you have to type in correctly. I am not sure how randomly gmail does this but it has happened to me randomly twice, obviously the pre has no clue when this happens, so you get the error about the login credentials. So what I'm getting at is when it happens goto gmail on your computer and login. This should fix it!! For how long I don't know?? Hope this helps, it fixes mine.
    I logged out of my account on the computer, and logged back in. No captcha required.

I noticed that the login credential rejected message stopped showing up. I'm not sure who's end the problem lies on. I'm sure I'll see it again though as it has happened before.