Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    An article here suggested that maybe Sprint will lower monthly data costs to $79 (from $99) - but only for new subscribers. If that's the case, would it make sense for somone to break contract and immediately start a new one for the savings? $20x24 (2 year contract) is $480 in savings. Would one lose more than that making the switch?

Too lazy to look thru my contract and crunch the numbers but wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head...
    Did you just get a new contract set up? I mean, if you just bought a Pre and got signed up with a 2 year contract it would make no sense.
    I pay 70 a month currently for everything plan and 450 mins $77 including insurance
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    that would be sweet but then what would happen to other plans? b/c i pay 69.99 for 450 min
    If that happens I'm calling sprint retentions ASAP. Even the big fruit company gave folks refunds when they dropped the price of the iPhone 1.0 in a month or two.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiis View Post
    An article here suggested that maybe Sprint will lower monthly data costs to $79 (from $99) - but only for new subscribers. If that's the case, would it make sense for somone to break contract and immediately start a new one for the savings? $20x24 (2 year contract) is $480 in savings. Would one lose more than that making the switch?

Too lazy to look thru my contract and crunch the numbers but wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head...
    Depends on if you want to pay the $250 cancellation fee now just to save $20 a month. That means in 1 year you will get your money back. But watch all the details of the contract and if there is a clause where the price goes up automatically. Also I don't know if you do what you suggest, if they would consider that a new contract. You might have to get it in another name.

Too much work for me. Besides I have been with Sprint over 10 years and get their Premium service.
    That would be another example of Sprint treating new customers better than their faithful, existing paying customers.

That's why they are losing so many customers.
    I would jump all over it.
    Sure. Just sell your current pre on ebay to offset the ETF (plus a little profit). Only thing is, how long do you have to wait before you can resubscribe as a new customer?
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhughes86 View Post
    I pay 70 a month currently for everything plan and 450 mins $77 including insurance
    not the same as the $99 plan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyc53 View Post
    That would be another example of Sprint treating new customers better than their faithful, existing paying customers.

That's why they are losing so many customers.
    Unfair comment. No company would volunteer to just reduce their topline revenue, even for a contract extension. If market conditions change as time goes on, forcing a more competitive environment, then so be it. However, they should certainly use it as a retention tool, or make it pricing for a 3 year contract... there needs to be something different to make it a win win for Sprint. Here's the problem folks - if Sprint creates a situation where they end up going under, and there is precedent for this, then we all lose (hardware goes away, etc.). And while it's unlikely that someone like Verizon won't buy the customer base, Verizon also won't just reduce costs on their plans for existing customers for similar reasons.... why give away money? Not ONE of my providers does this without my asking them to do it, and typically, I have to threaten somehow - Comcast, AT&T for my home phone, etc. I actually think Sprint is the most reasonable of the providers I use (or just the most stupid to be talked into it, but I choose to believe the former - being the positive thinker that I am LOL).

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I believe those in Sprints 30 day window would be able to change to the lower price.

But, the rest are likely SOL.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post
    Unfair comment. No company would volunteer to just reduce their topline revenue, even for a contract extension. If market conditions change as time goes on, forcing a more competitive environment, then so be it. However, they should certainly use it as a retention tool, or make it pricing for a 3 year contract... there needs to be something different to make it a win win for Sprint. Here's the problem folks - if Sprint creates a situation where they end up going under, and there is precedent for this, then we all lose (hardware goes away, etc.). And while it's unlikely that someone like Verizon won't buy the customer base, Verizon also won't just reduce costs on their plans for existing customers for similar reasons.... why give away money? Not ONE of my providers does this without my asking them to do it, and typically, I have to threaten somehow - Comcast, AT&T for my home phone, etc. I actually think Sprint is the most reasonable of the providers I use (or just the most stupid to be talked into it, but I choose to believe the former - being the positive thinker that I am LOL).

L
    Actually not too long ago TMobile came out with n unlimted calling plan for existing customers only. It was 4v for the 1st line and 39 for a second line. In my case I had a pair of 61s. With unlimited plans the 1st was 85 the second was 75. Their advertising was something like just because we like you or something like that.
    What if you're a Sprint Premier customer and can apply for a new handset every year (instead of the 18 or 24 months plan)? What then? My "every 12 months" started about a week or so ago...
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I would be kinda mad.......sprint would fix it for me i think-hope....even tho i got my pre for 100$ after MIR,thats at a 100%
    Sprint would never do that. If they lowered the cost of a plan for new customers, they would lower it for existing customers, if it is the same as an existing plan. When they came out with a new data share family plan a year ago, we switched over and it saved us over $100 a month. Posting a "what if" and then cussing out Sprint for something they have not done is silly. I doubt very much they are going to lower their Simply Everything plans. They are already lower than anyone else out there.