Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 98
  1.    #1  
    I really don't get all the insecurity with so many Pre owners.

    I am a Pre owner.
    I could care less how many Pres Sprint sells.
    I could care less who the carrier is.
    I could care less how many people want to exagerate their problems with the Pre - mine works.
    I could care less what analysts or other people think about the Pre.
    I could care less whether the 3G or the 3GS is milli-seconds faster in a search.
    In fact, I could care less about the iPhone period. If I wanted one, I would have purchased one.


    My Pre works for me, I love it. Why does any of that other crap even matter? Why are so many people so worked up about what other people are saying?

    Brian
  2. #2  
    For many of us I think it's because Palm is quite literally teetering on the edge of oblivion. If this device fails, so does Palm. I for one look at Palm as the only Apple alternative.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    For many of us I think it's because Palm is quite literally teetering on the edge of oblivion. If this device fails, so does Palm. I for one look at Palm as the only Apple alternative.
    If Palm is putting out an inferior product then they are supposed to fail. But, they aren't. The Pre is a great phone.

    So again, why the insecurity if you like the phone. If you don't like the phone, why do you care if Palm fails?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    If Palm is putting out an inferior product then they are supposed to fail. But, they aren't.
    Just b/c you put out a superior product does not automatically mean you won't fail. Neither will putting out an inferior product mean you won't succeed.

    /business 101
  5. #5  
    I care about sales because more sales = more apps and more accessories. I would actually prefer the phone not to be exclusive to Sprint so that more phones can be sold.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    Just b/c you put out a superior product does not automatically mean you won't fail. Neither will putting out an inferior product mean you won't succeed.

    /business 101
    I agree, but I didn't say they would, I said they are supposed to. I just don't know why people are getting so bent out of shape about what is supposed to be natural selection...

    /completed Business 101 (and the rest of business school) about a decade ago...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    I really don't get all the insecurity with so many Pre owners.

    I am a Pre owner.
    I could care less how many Pres Sprint sells.
    I could care less who the carrier is.
    I could care less how many people want to exagerate their problems with the Pre - mine works.
    I could care less what analysts or other people think about the Pre.
    I could care less whether the 3G or the 3GS is milli-seconds faster in a search.
    In fact, I could care less about the iPhone period. If I wanted one, I would have purchased one.


    My Pre works for me, I love it. Why does any of that other crap even matter? Why are so many people so worked up about what other people are saying?

    Brian
    This is a palm pre forum.. what did you expect people to be talking about? By the way that other stuff does matter.. It matters to the future of the phone and the platform.. It effects us as enthusiastic consumers..
  8. #8  
    Don't you mean you couldn't care less?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    I really don't get all the insecurity with so many Pre owners.

    I am a Pre owner.
    I could care less how many Pres Sprint sells.
    I could care less who the carrier is.
    I could care less how many people want to exagerate their problems with the Pre - mine works.
    I could care less what analysts or other people think about the Pre.
    I could care less whether the 3G or the 3GS is milli-seconds faster in a search.
    In fact, I could care less about the iPhone period. If I wanted one, I would have purchased one.


    My Pre works for me, I love it. Why does any of that other crap even matter? Why are so many people so worked up about what other people are saying?

    Brian
    Great post. I thought this kind of thread is never needed but I am glad there is few of them against all "Pre Sucks and I am returning this because.....". For other point read my signature.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

    The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    I really don't get all the insecurity with so many Pre owners.

    I am a Pre owner.
    I could care less how many Pres Sprint sells.
    I could care less who the carrier is.
    I could care less how many people want to exagerate their problems with the Pre - mine works.
    I could care less what analysts or other people think about the Pre.
    I could care less whether the 3G or the 3GS is milli-seconds faster in a search.
    In fact, I could care less about the iPhone period. If I wanted one, I would have purchased one.


    My Pre works for me, I love it. Why does any of that other crap even matter? Why are so many people so worked up about what other people are saying?

    Brian
    Methinks you doth protest too much...meaning you ARE insecure. Your post drips with defensiveness But that's ok.
  11. bmoore's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    I really don't get all the insecurity with so many Pre owners.

    I am a Pre owner.
    I could care less how many Pres Sprint sells.
    I could care less who the carrier is.
    I could care less how many people want to exagerate their problems with the Pre - mine works.
    I could care less what analysts or other people think about the Pre.
    I could care less whether the 3G or the 3GS is milli-seconds faster in a search.
    In fact, I could care less about the iPhone period. If I wanted one, I would have purchased one.


    My Pre works for me, I love it. Why does any of that other crap even matter? Why are so many people so worked up about what other people are saying?

    Brian

    I think you mean "I couldn't care less"
  12. #12  
    The concern is that the Pre is a do or die product for Palm.

    When you come to market 2 years after the 800 pound gorilla, you have to offer the basic features and a lot more.

    Hopefully webOS will soon allow:
    • a more viable cut and paste
    • undo
    • video capture
    • select all
    • highlighting
    • email and text forwarding
    • landscape email
    • email distribution lists
    • Flash player
    • Voice recognition (dialing, commands, etc.)
    • better battery life
    • LED notification
    • a more viable music app
    • etc.

    If you are going to offer a me-too product, you need to be able to say "me-too". At the very least you need to offer the basic features you first offered six years ago like cut and past and undo.

    In the mean time it is the Homebrew developers who have taken charge with their 60+ apps and counting.

    Don't get me wrong. I am full-on behind Palm. I have bet hundreds that Palm can do this.

    - Craig
  13. Adjei's Avatar
    Posts
    277 Posts
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    Just b/c you put out a superior product does not automatically mean you won't fail. Neither will putting out an inferior product mean you won't succeed.

    /business 101
    And who determines which phone is superior and inferior?
  14. #14  
  15. #15  
    True. If you complain about the Pre, you should buy another phone and complain about that one in that forum.

    On the other hand, if people do express there issues or opinions then development for software upgrades and betting the competitor would be easier for palm. Compared to palm test the against all pre owners test the phone and providing feedback.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Great post. I thought this kind of thread is never needed but I am glad there is few of them against all "Pre Sucks and I am returning this because.....". For other point read my signature.
    Apple computers are far from "technologically superior". Sure, they can fit big stuff in a small box but it's anything but technologically superior compared to equally priced Windows/Linux computers that come with more powerful hardware.

    This is coming from an iMac owner.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    The concern is that the Pre is a do or die product for Palm.

    When you come to market 2 years after the 800 pound gorilla, you have to offer the basic features and a lot more.

    Hopefully webOS will soon allow:
    • a more viable cut and paste
    • undo
    • video capture
    • select all
    • highlighting
    • email and text forwarding
    • landscape email
    • email distribution lists
    • Flash player
    • Voice recognition (dialing, commands, etc.)
    • better battery life
    • LED notification
    • a more viable music app
    • etc.

    If you are going to offer a me-too product, you need to be able to say "me-too". At the very least you need to offer the basic features you first offered six years ago like cut and past and undo.

    In the mean time it is the Homebrew developers who have taken charge with their 60+ apps and counting.

    Don't get me wrong. I am full-on behind Palm. I have bet hundreds that Palm can do this.

    - Craig
    I agree, although palm is spanking **** with the 1gen of the pre, we still have a ways to go before we $h!+ on iphone. Right now, we are basically tied.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sherman901 View Post
    Apple computers are far from "technologically superior". Sure, they can fit big stuff in a small box but it's anything but technologically superior compared to equally priced Windows/Linux computers that come with more powerful hardware.

    This is coming from an iMac owner.
    100% true.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
    I think you mean "I couldn't care less"
    No. He could care less.
  20. #20  
    Well, some of us may be hoping to there is a still more money to be made on the mad 800% percent gain in the Palm's stock lately.

    And, we want them to stay in business so they can keep bringing us these wonderful toys to play with.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions