Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    It really isn't about insecurity. I think a member in another forum I frequent hit the nail on the head. There is just something about this industry that generates a passion in users that has almost no comparison. The auto industry may be another example.

I am a Pre owner and maybe I would have been an iPhone owner if the device was on a different network. I am passionate about not liking AT&T. I watched the roll out of the iPhone two years ago and saw many of the same problems Palm is having right now with the roll out of the Pre.

At this time the Pre is doing just what I need it to do and I expected no more from it. A year from now and perhaps sooner the device will be able to do much more. At that time I will probably be buying a Pre 2 and a year from then a Pre 3. Yes I am passionate about this device.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiis View Post
    Since we're all giving English lessons here ...

...should be "Could care less" is illogical.

Oh, and here's a freebie. When you're talking never say "Quote", then your bit, and then "unquote". You can't "unquote" something, you can only end the quote you used. i.e., "Quote", bit, "End Quote".

p.s. please disregard any typos and bad grammur, my English is really the badest.
    What's worse is saying "quote-unquote" together before or after saying the statement being quoted. The person is not actually quoting anything, which is appropriate since they probably aren't quoting the source correctly anyway.

And don't get me started on "the proof is in the pudding". What? The proof is actually buried down in a mound of pudding?!? What the hell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    The concern is that the Pre is a do or die product for Palm.

When you come to market 2 years after the 800 pound gorilla, you have to offer the basic features and a lot more.

Hopefully webOS will soon allow:
    • a more viable cut and paste
    • undo
    • video capture
    • select all
    • highlighting
    • email and text forwarding
    • landscape email
    • email distribution lists
    • Flash player
    • Voice recognition (dialing, commands, etc.)
    • better battery life
    • LED notification
    • a more viable music app
    • etc.

If you are going to offer a me-too product, you need to be able to say "me-too". At the very least you need to offer the basic features you first offered six years ago like cut and past and undo.

In the mean time it is the Homebrew developers who have taken charge with their 60+ apps and counting.

Don't get me wrong. I am full-on behind Palm. I have bet hundreds that Palm can do this.

- Craig
    Amen about the things offerred 6 years ago. The transition from a Centro to this phone has made me very upset, b/c I feel there's a little too much apple in my pre. The world clock app in palm OS- ahmazing. The copy and paste features in the blazer (for pictures)-ahmazing. UNDO-needed. So so needed. And finally: a menu button. Wth? Not there? Seriously? You mean, the newest smartest smartphone can't do have a palm pilot could do?

Is it me, or did apple set the precedent that "smart"phones should actually be dumb?

Other than that, I love you palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    What's worse is saying "quote-unquote" together before or after saying the statement being quoted. The person is not actually quoting anything, which is appropriate since they probably aren't quoting the source correctly anyway.

And don't get me started on "the proof is in the pudding". What? The proof is actually buried down in a mound of pudding?!? What the hell?
    Irregardless or regardless of whether or not one could or could not care less, or whether you are orienting or orientating yourself, disoriented or disorientated, owned or pwned, fail, failed or epic failed, the fact is....YOU GET THE FRICKIN POINT!
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Irregardless or regardless of whether or not one could or could not care less, or whether you are orienting or orientating yourself, disoriented or disorientated, owned or pwned, fail, failed or epic failed, the fact is....YOU GET THE FRICKIN POINT!
    So, what you're saying is that its time to nip this topic in the ****? Should the person who started it be hung? Your probably right.

I need to go back to watching America's Next Most Hottest Toppest Dancer Model Idol anyway.
    So, what you're saying is that its time to nip this topic in the ****? Should the person who started it be hung? Your probably right.

I need to go back to watching America's Next Most Hottest Toppest Dancer Model Idol anyway.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts

Kiddo, that's a truncated version of a very old saying "The proof of the pudding is in the eating."

But feel free to watch your topless hotties anyway.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    Kiddo, that's a truncated version of a very old saying "The proof of the pudding is in the eating."

But feel free to watch your topless hotties anyway.
    Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence.
    No voting going on over here, boss. Just an obvious deference to better eye candy than English lessons.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    No voting going on over here, boss. Just an obvious deference to better eye candy than English lessons.
    It's all good. For future reference, 90% of the stuff what comes out of my mouth is sarcasm... the other 10% is BS.
    So, what you're saying is that its time to nip this topic in the ****? Should the person who started it be hung?
  12.    #92  
    So, what you're saying is that its time to nip this topic in the ****? Should the person who started it be hung?
    How do you know I'm not?
    Quote Originally Posted by roor View Post
    this thread makes me lol.
    Me too! Particularly the intensive weather report in a language discussion.
    The sad part as I think about this is that Palm used to be the 800 pound gorilla...
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    The concern is that the Pre is a do or die product for Palm.

When you come to market 2 years after the 800 pound gorilla, you have to offer the basic features and a lot more.

Hopefully webOS will soon allow:
    • a more viable cut and paste
    • undo
    • video capture
    • select all
    • highlighting
    • email and text forwarding
    • landscape email
    • email distribution lists
    • Flash player
    • Voice recognition (dialing, commands, etc.)
    • better battery life
    • LED notification
    • a more viable music app
    • etc.

If you are going to offer a me-too product, you need to be able to say "me-too". At the very least you need to offer the basic features you first offered six years ago like cut and past and undo.

In the mean time it is the Homebrew developers who have taken charge with their 60+ apps and counting.

Don't get me wrong. I am full-on behind Palm. I have bet hundreds that Palm can do this.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    If Palm is putting out an inferior product then they are supposed to fail. But, they aren't. The Pre is a great phone.

So again, why the insecurity if you like the phone. If you don't like the phone, why do you care if Palm fails?
    Everyone has the right to feel how they feel. You feel the phone is good. Other people feel the phone stinks and has defects.

I do not think it is a great phone. If i did I would not have returned it after 5 days.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyiwafly View Post
    I agree, although palm is spanking **** with the 1gen of the pre, we still have a ways to go before we $h!+ on iphone. Right now, we are basically tied.
    Tied?

I do not know how you can claim this. The Pre has one and only one major advantage. Multitasking.

Please document why you feel it is a tie.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Hey Precentral.net cares! New members jumped up 80% since June 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Tell you're family that they just have to grin and bare it. You're laughter shouldn't effect them at all.

Now you're just doing it on purpose
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345