Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Umm, yeah. Can't you read what I wrote? I was disagreeing with the conflation of "couldn't care less" meaning, in the way the OP stated his.her position that he/she could not possibly care less about Apple.

So, in essence, I am in agreement with those who have pointed to a difference, or, if you prefer, in a Derridian sense, a differance in the the construction of "couldn't care less" and "could care less."
    LOL. We're on the same team here, teach. Really.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
    Just b/c you put out a superior product does not automatically mean you won't fail. Neither will putting out an inferior product mean you won't succeed.

/business 101
    yeah remember Beta max, sony had the better product, panasonic had better marketing
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    LOL. We're on the same team here, teach. Really.
    I hear ya
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    You, like me, are soooo wrong. You see, I'll translate for you. What the OP meant was:

I [care at least a little] how many Pres Sprint sells.
    I [care at least a little] who the carrier is.
    I [care at least a little] how many people want to exagerate their problems with the Pre - mine works.
    I [care at least a little] what analysts or other people think about the Pre.
    I [care at least a little] whether the 3G or the 3GS is milli-seconds faster in a search.
    In fact, I [care at least a little] about the iPhone period. If I wanted one, I would have purchased one.

My favorite statement from the original post is the "I could care less, period." Anyways, that makes perfect sense, for all intensive purposes. We should direct our comments towards the point of his post, not weather he misused the stupid phrase.
    To carry on the silly English lessons, the phrase is "for all intents and purposes" not "intensive purposes."

However, given your other intentional misuses of such words, I'll let you take the "I was still kidding" stance and ignore the "weather" spelling, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    To carry on the silly English lessons, the phrase is "for all intents and purposes" not "intensive purposes."

However, given your other intentional misuses of such words, I'll let you take the "I was still kidding" stance and ignore the "weather" spelling, too.
    If you look harder, there are other "misuses." I am teh suck at Engrish, apparently.
    For the same reason I cared about the hd-dvd blu-ray war...

because I am an *****.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    I really don't get all the insecurity with so many Pre owners.

I am a Pre owner.
    I could care less...
    Brian
    You could? So, what's stopping you? Why aren't you caring less?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    If you look harder, there are other "misuses." I am teh suck at Engrish, apparently.
    Oh, I'm sure, but I was particularly struck by "intensive purposes" because once upon a very long time ago, I actually used to say that. LOL!

And even longer ago, a child really, I used to say "chickmunks" instead of chipmunks.
    I have a Masters degree in Philosophical Logic, working on a Doctorate and "couldn't care less" is logically sound. "Could care less is illogical."
    So funny. This thread is cracking me up while giving me reason to hope. You cannot imagine my English geek thrill at seeing so many of you note the OP's usage errors and then discuss them. Love it! Perhaps we can invent a new "Pre" word: Pre-literate
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    So funny. This thread is cracking me up while giving me reason to hope. You cannot imagine my English geek thrill at seeing so many of you note the OP's usage errors and then discuss them. Love it! Perhaps we can invent a new "Pre" word: Pre-literate
    We need to nip this in the **** already!! This thread is making me loose my mind!!!!!

Seriously, this thread is cracking me up way more than it should.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by iclimb513 View Post
    You could? So, what's stopping you? Why aren't you caring less?

That is a great question. I guess I should really care less, but the truth is I do care a little - just not to the extent that I would flip out about whether or not someone made a video with the slightest negative ethos toward the Pre. I am not going to dump all my Palm stock because some hedge fund hack read some second hand information on an open forum either. So it's a good point to wonder why I don't care less which would lead me to infer that you think that if I did actually care less that I might stop creating inane threads. Again, great question.

Sharon, I promise I wasn't trying to come across as smug or snarky. I am also a long time investor. While I can understand the attraction to sniffing out rumors that might affect the future of Palm here on the forum, short of anything major happening, either positive or negative, the results of the Pre's release have been calculated and Palm's stock price has been adjusted accordingly. A 10% swing either way, this long after the product release, more than likely has something to do with some other Palm news then it does have anything to do with the Pre. I am not telling you anything you probably don't already know, I am just responding to your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    I have a Masters degree in Philosophical Logic, working on a Doctorate and "couldn't care less" is logically sound. "Could care less is illogical."
    Unless, of course, he could.
  14.    #54  
    You win at life. Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Unless, of course, he could.
    And wanted to bait a bunch of us into a discussion regarding the difference in another useless thread (in which I willingly participated).
    We need to nip this in the **** already!! This thread is making me loose my mind!!!!!

Seriously, this thread is cracking me up way more than it should.
    I *think* you may mean "nip this in the bud."

I know, I know. I couldn't resist
    Quote Originally Posted by bspray View Post
    You win at life. Congratulations.
    Thank you. Life has taught me some valuable lessons. Some I could share with you, but I could care less.
    Last edited by barrysanders20; 07/22/2009 at 07:26 PM.
    thank you. Life has tought me some valuable lessons. Some i could share with you, but i could care less.
    roflmao!
    I have to thank the OP for creating the best thread I have read on any forum in a long time. I'm still struggling to contain the eruptions of laughter while my family glares.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sherman901 View Post
    Apple computers are far from "technologically superior". Sure, they can fit big stuff in a small box but it's anything but technologically superior compared to equally priced Windows/Linux computers that come with more powerful hardware.

This is coming from an iMac owner.
    First, you bought the Windows commercial where they compare a Windows computer to Apple on specs. Apple does not produce bargain cheap computers. OSX is superior to Windows, with Linux it depends on what version. And Palm is still the most Apple friendly 3rd party phone manufacture. The Pre and my Apples work very well together.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast