Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I've noticed this more and more recently, where my internet just doesn't function. This morning I took my phone off the charger, and a little while later I went to send a MMS to a friend. I hit send, and it just sat there and sat there with no EVDO activity. It's been about an hour since then, and I just went to check Tweed, and it just sits there spinning the loading icon, but EV never lights up, and it never loads any tweets.

This is a ridiculous issue if you ask me. It says EV, and I'm in a strong EVDO location. This is happening more and more lately, and it's really ridiculous that "Web Phone" would have its internet be so shoddy.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Never had any problems with that myself. Do you have WiFi enabled? Is it possible you're connected to an access point that is having internet problems? WiFi is always used when available, and may explain the lack of EVDO activity.
    Reset your phone.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    Never had any problems with that myself. Do you have WiFi enabled? Is it possible you're connected to an access point that is having internet problems? WiFi is always used when available, and may explain the lack of EVDO activity.
    I do not use Wifi, no.

And I should not have to reset my phone to have my internet work.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    I do not use Wifi, no.

You've never reset a computer when it was not working correctly?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    I do not use Wifi, no.

That is just ridiculous. That's the first thing you should do! The Pre (or any advanced smartphone) is a mini computer. Computers need reboots. Just do it and stop complaining. Your internet will work when you do.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have had the same issue and found myself resetting my phone 1-2 times a day for the internet to work. I do not reset my computer 1-2 times a day, so what gives?
    I've been experiencing this too. This didn't start to happen for me until after fw 1.03. Hopefully the next update will fix this.
    Mine does the same thing sporadically. It started doing it with wi-fi at my work one day, when checking the wi-fi on a laptop, it was working right so I disabled it to get back onto EVDO. now its doing it with that as well. Either wait 5 mins ot reboot... Seems to fix it for me. I'm a heavy user of the browser and that seems to be the only time when I encounter it. Also, I'm still able to send mms when my browser is down...
    Have this happen 1-2 times per day. Generally I can switch it to Airplane Mode and then back again to get things moving. Had the same thing happening with my Sprint Mogul (WinMo) so it makes me wonder if there is a common network based cause?
    CTSLICK
    Rock ON!
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I also have this problem when I leave tethering on in "My Tether". I just turn it off to get it back on.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    That is just ridiculous. That's the first thing you should do! The Pre (or any advanced smartphone) is a mini computer. Computers need reboots. Just do it and stop complaining. Your internet will work when you do.
    Acually what you are saying is ridiculous. Modern computers are designed to minimize the necessity of rebooting. The only reason why you should have to reboot is due to bad hardware, some software installation, and (hate to say it) poorly written software. Also when you reboot it can activate dormant malware, thus creating more issues. You shouldn't have to reboot to "fix" an issue like this. I've had regular computers that have had almost a year between reboots and still ran like it came off a fresh reboot.

That said, I also have this issue and it is extreemly frustrating. I fix it by resetting the evdo modem since it takes less time and produces the same results as a soft reboot. However this shouldn't happen 3-4 times a day.

Bottom line: while this still is a 1.0 device, Palm needs to identify and fix this issue.
    that also happens to me...i just reboot even though i admit...a reboot shouldnt have to fix this but i still reboot right when i go to sleep at night only so i dont have to worry about w8ing 2 minutes
    Yes this happens to me a couple times a day, usually have to run utube or ap news then it will work again, or reboot, this is extremely frustrating, one second it works , next nope, seems to happen a lot when I try to load a bookmark.
    Mine does this when my router messes up at the house and it's on wifi, after that the pre looses internet on everything even if i turn off wifi, i have to reboot to get it back. My router works fine at the house, but i do a ton of torrents and the router can't handle new wireless connections so when the pre trys to connect it says it dose but gets no internet. Think it's part of a bug with the pre not handling wifi properly. I turn slow down the torrents and i haven't had a problem since.

at work i tried to connect a unsecure wifi connection and it did the same thing, thinking it might have been secured or only unsecured for certain ports or what not, not sure why a business would haev a unsecured network around by us though.
    This is happening for me as well. I'm surfing just fine, then I go to a site, it pops up with an empty page, I hit the refresh button and the X button just starts spinning round & round. I have to reset to get internet again. Switching to or from Wi-Fi doesn't help, nor does turning on & off airplane mode.

Does it maybe have something to do with rooting the thing and enabling one or more of the network tools like SSH or USBNet? Has anybody who hasn't rooted their Pre experienced this problem?
    I was having the same problem while on the sprint network (wi-fi was fine) until I clicked on "update network settings" under the phone preferences. Of course I had to wait until I had a connection before it would update. Not sure if this actually did anything but I haven't lost network connectivity since.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbaronp3 View Post
    This is happening for me as well. I'm surfing just fine, then I go to a site, it pops up with an empty page, I hit the refresh button and the X button just starts spinning round & round. I have to reset to get internet again. Switching to or from Wi-Fi doesn't help, nor does turning on & off airplane mode.

Does it maybe have something to do with rooting the thing and enabling one or more of the network tools like SSH or USBNet? Has anybody who hasn't rooted their Pre experienced this problem?
    Jbaronp3 your issue is most likely stemming from visiting Digg. I dunno what Digg has on their website, but they have some kind of script or something that leaves the browser hanging... The only way to fix it is do do a reboot. Go visit the mobile version of Digg's website or just avoid going to that website on your phone all together.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Cycle Airplane Mode on and then off before you waste the time doing a restart.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    Jbaronp3 your issue is most likely stemming from visiting Digg. I dunno what Digg has on their website, but they have some kind of script or something that leaves the browser hanging... The only way to fix it is do do a reboot. Go visit the mobile version of Digg's website or just avoid going to that website on your phone all together.
    It is not digg exclusive. I never go to digg and it still happens to me. In fact it has done this with only precentral open, but it also does it with other sites as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast