Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    Jbaronp3 your issue is most likely stemming from visiting Digg. I dunno what Digg has on their website, but they have some kind of script or something that leaves the browser hanging... The only way to fix it is do do a reboot. Go visit the mobile version of Digg's website or just avoid going to that website on your phone all together.
    Am I that transparent? Why yes, it does seem to happen mostly when I visit Digg, oddly though I am going to the mobile site (m.digg.com).
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3925 View Post
    Acually what you are saying is ridiculous. Modern computers are designed to minimize the necessity of rebooting. The only reason why you should have to reboot is due to bad hardware, some software installation, and (hate to say it) poorly written software. Also when you reboot it can activate dormant malware, thus creating more issues. You shouldn't have to reboot to "fix" an issue like this. I've had regular computers that have had almost a year between reboots and still ran like it came off a fresh reboot.

That said, I also have this issue and it is extreemly frustrating. I fix it by resetting the evdo modem since it takes less time and produces the same results as a soft reboot. However this shouldn't happen 3-4 times a day.

Bottom line: while this still is a 1.0 device, Palm needs to identify and fix this issue.
    I don't think it is ridiculous. What do you think Dell would have you do if your PC was giving you a problem? What about Sprint/Palm if you called up to report that internet isn't working? Reboot! It's a simple cure all.

If you're getting malware and viruses and such, then you have other issues that need to be taken care of. It may not be the solution you are expecting, but if it works, why complain? Why flat out refuse to do it?

I too have had this happen and as others have mentioned, a quick cycle through airplane mode fixes everything. Is that too much to do too?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I don't think it is ridiculous. What do you think Dell would have you do if your PC was giving you a problem? What about Sprint/Palm if you called up to report that internet isn't working? Reboot! It's a simple cure all.

If you're getting malware and viruses and such, then you have other issues that need to be taken care of. It may not be the solution you are expecting, but if it works, why complain? Why flat out refuse to do it?

I too have had this happen and as others have mentioned, a quick cycle through airplane mode fixes everything. Is that too much to do too?
    too bad it's not a cure all. It is simply a temporary fix to a reoccuring problem. If the internet on your computer went out 3 or 4 times a day, and the only way to fix it was to reset your modem each time, would you accept that as "normal?" No. You'd be on the phone with your isp asking what's the deal?

And initially I was talking about your statement that computers need to be rebooted. Modern devices are designed for uptime, not uptime with a little downtime here and there. Siraris had a very valid point that he shouldn't have to reboot his phone to make it work, and you are saying that is acceptable? If one reset fixed the problem permanently, then I wouldn't complain. But when it doesn't, that's when something needs to be fixed. And I'm sure that even the illustrious tech support at dell would agree with me on that.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12