Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is the only phone ive ever had where i needed to hold it sideways or upside down to get decent reception! I understand that the antenna is located towards the bottom but lord! What was the thinking behind that. The only thing i can think of is that when you are on a call the bottom of the handset is pointed out a bit. Everyone else has the same issue in a poor to average signal area correct?
    I havent had any reception problems, but this is good to know when/if I do!
    I must have won the Pre lotto because I dont have this problem or 99.9% of the other problems that continually get posted here.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    I must have won the Pre lotto because I dont have this problem or 99.9% of the other problems that continually get posted here.
    Ditto

Dave
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    That should not affect reception, really. Probably Placebo, unless you can actually prove it improves reception by flipping it upside down.
  6.    #6  
    I dont have problems when im outside or in most public places where i have excellent reception. If im in my office at work i will have 0-1 bar of service. I flip it upside down and i will have 2-3 bars. Lets say im trying to load a video on youtube for example. i will not load normally because i have little or no service. I flip the phone upside down and its starts loading just fine. It annoying but kinda funny at the same time. I def didnt hit the Pre lottery. This is my 3rd one. Im not upset at all or a troll or anything like that. Im just fighting through it like i did with my 650 and 700. Luckily i did hit the lottery with my 755p. It was by far my favorite and most reliable phone ever!
  7.    #7  
    and yes i already have an airave...i just need to get a router to finish the install
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    You flip it upside down at the same exact height? Or did you actually reach for the skies with your arm?
  9.    #9  
    exact same height
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc111 View Post
    Ditto

Dave

Double Ditto

Larry
    Placebo
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    To test the placebo factor, stand on your head AND hold it upside down at the same time. Then check YouTube. Get back to us on that.
    I find my reception is best when I'm standing on one leg, right foot raised, phone in right hand and left arm held at a 37 degree angle. Makes using it in the car very difficult.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    I'm in the same boat.... Although with my luck, i'm shocked mine even turns on.

No problems here.
    ok once in awhile my cards will open up side down or in landscape. My browser sometimes opens in landscape when I'm still holding the phone vertical. Today I opened my email and it was in portrait it upside down. I tried moving the phone around and it wouldn't change. Any solutions? Is there a command button that rotates the display kind of like the visual boy advance emulator. Patch? Anythin? Thanks still love this frickin phone.
    :thumbsdn
    I find if I stand on my head and face north that my Pre's reception is much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc111 View Post
    Ditto

Dave

Ditto 3x
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    not wanting to just say "Ditto" ....
    I actually and quite surprised at the reception this phone has while holding it normally, be it wifi or cell...

Maybe you should have Sprint take a look @ it... esp. if you already have an Airave and are still exp. reception problems..
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    get an AIRAVE. IT's CELL TOWER FOR YOUR HOUSE. Works perfect. I had minimal coverage in my house and got one from sprint for free. Just complain to a sprint rep!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast