Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I know that some of you have issues with battery life but I was wondering if anyone is having issues with random Drainage on the battery. Most days my battery works great. I can be on the internet several times all night or watch a whole movie and I use little to no battery. A couple of times, only overnight, my battery will drain completely and the phone will be dead in the morning. Most of the time it uses less than 20% overnight. I make sure to sign off gtalk and I do not leave on GPS or Bluetooth. I just think that I have a bad battery. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmac23 View Post
    I know that some of you have issues with battery life but I was wondering if anyone is having issues with random Drainage on the battery. Most days my battery works great. I can be on the internet several times all night or watch a whole movie and I use little to no battery. A couple of times, only overnight, my battery will drain completely and the phone will be dead in the morning. Most of the time it uses less than 20% overnight. I make sure to sign off gtalk and I do not leave on GPS or Bluetooth. I just think that I have a bad battery. Any thoughts?
    If I see one more battery thread I think im going to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEARCH the freaking forums there are about a thousand battery threads!!!
    Go ahead and explode. If your tired of reading battery threads, then quit reading them. Sheesh, get a life.
    No, nothing with my Pre's battery, but I do have some annoying post nasal drip.
    (sorry, long night and very early morning)
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I have seen this. I am not sure what causes this, but when it happens the battery just starts draining. I think its because some app or process doesn't sleep properly or maybe a program does not quit completely. Its happened to me a couple of times and I reboot the phone to fix it. The times its happened to me it was around the time I ran the missing sync app. Not sure if thats what caused it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboba View Post
    Go ahead and explode. If your tired of reading battery threads, then quit reading them. Sheesh, get a life.
    Exactly!

To answer your question, my phone will do the very same thing every once in awhile. Usually I just restart it and charge it up, and it's go to go for several days without doing it again. I am getting to the point that I just restart the phone every other day or so now for good measure.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    only once have i noticed an odd drain. yes the battery life is terrible and i cant go anywhere without a charger. the other day i woke up to a Pre that wouldnt even turn on. it had about 40% life when i went to sleep - for 6 hours.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I've had this a few times. I really would like to root my phone so I can check the /var/logs to see what's going on. I'm pretty sure it would show an issue in there, no? Would be nice to see an app that comes out to view the logs.

But yeah, I get this. I'll have the phone at 100%, take it off the charger, 10 minutes later it could be at 72% and then go down normally from then on. Other times I will go through a day getting 2-3% drop per hour. I'm guessing it's doing some sort of Synergy sync, but still, shouldn't take 30% of my battery to do it!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paterick View Post
    I have seen this. I am not sure what causes this, but when it happens the battery just starts draining. I think its because some app or process doesn't sleep properly or maybe a program does not quit completely. Its happened to me a couple of times and I reboot the phone to fix it. The times its happened to me it was around the time I ran the missing sync app. Not sure if thats what caused it though.
    I've noticed this over the past few weeks, and a reboot seemed to fix it for now.