Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    My pre took a dive yesterday to a concrete floor while wrapped in its sleeping bag - and survived.
    It shall live to fight another day.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Mine dropped about 3 inches onto my work desk. Now it shuts off every time I close the slider.

I exchanged it out last night though for a new one.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    mine took a 3 1/2 foot corner nose dive onto some sharp pebbles. CRACK! OUCH!
    Rule #1023 of Pre Ownership

"Thou shalt always place thy phone in it's sleeping bag"

+1 to all who remember this.
    Mine survived a 3 ft drop out of the car onto pavement (naked). Small unnoticable gash on the side. No problems!

My wife said she couldn't believe I dropped my "baby"
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Well i made the mistake of plugging my phone into the wall and stretching the chord across to a table while kids where at my house. One of the little rug rats ran across the chord as if they were trying to come in first place for a race, and it launched my pre across the room and it bounced off the wall. Some how .. some way .. there was no scratches on the phone .. and it still works. But unfortunately i cant say the same for the kid.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post

It's good to hear this story...
    Cause the other day I was thinking how nice it would be to not have to carry the phone in it's sleeping bag.
    I've gotten tired of struggling to get my phone out of that little bag thing. It's VERY snug. To get it out I have to squeeze from the bottom like a tube of tooth paste.
    I've messed up and dropped mines twice! both times on concrete. Ruined my day..got some scratches on it otherwise its running fine.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 07/22/2009 at 01:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post

Though shalt also install protective case on any smart phone.

Thou shalt not place thy phone on slippery surfaces, or use thy phone near large bodies of water ( Oceans, Pools, Olympic sized toilets)

Though shalt not drive with phone on thy lap

Thou shalt not allow thy children to play with thy phone w/out adult supervision.

Though Shalt above all Protect thy investment!
    My girlfriend dropped mine the first three times she picked it up. The first time it was kind of funny b/c I had literally just taken it out of the box and it only fell a few inches to a table. The second time I was less amused. After the third time we had a little sit down to discuss the issue.

btw, on an unrelated note, anybody know any good dating websites?
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Thou shalt not place thy phone on slippery surfaces, or use thy phone near large bodies of water ( Oceans, Pools, Olympic sized toilets)
    Not sure I want to watch that event...
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoe View Post
    Well i made the mistake of plugging my phone into the wall and stretching the chord across to a table while kids where at my house. One of the little rug rats ran across the chord as if they were trying to come in first place for a race, and it launched my pre across the room and it bounced off the wall. Some how .. some way .. there was no scratches on the phone .. and it still works. But unfortunately i cant say the same for the kid.
    Kids can heal...phones can't!
    Drop mine from my lap getting out of my SUV,about 3 feet in a concrete parking lot and slide about 3 feet under the SUV. Few scratches on the back still solid as a rock.Knock on wood.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Dropped mine within an hour of getting it. Fortunately, it was onto tall grass. I dropped it onto gravel from about 5 ft. up 2 days ago. Still no damage. Not even a scratch. I think my luck is going to run out though, so maybe I should install that Invisible Shield I bought.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    wife dropped hers from 3 ft onto concrete and cracked the top left corner. Now she has one of those ebay cover and it works well and you cant notice
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    been lucky so far mine has only dropped while in the case it came with
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I've gotten tired of struggling to get my phone out of that little bag thing. It's VERY snug. To get it out I have to squeeze from the bottom like a tube of tooth paste.
    Turn the case inside out. It is a little less snug that way.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    crap, after reporting nothing happend to my pre after i launched it into a wall via tripping on the charger chord, i just noticed a crack under the charger port. DAMMIT..it hurts to see my phone abused.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast