Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I'm currently using xmarks.com to sync my PC booksmarks online and I can have mobile access on my Pre. It works great but it's more secure than I like. I have to enter a login and password everytime. It's not bad but I just want to open my bookmarks with no hassle.

Anyone know a way around this or another service that doesn't require a login on the mobile browser b/c the Pre doesn't remember the login or password.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Do you have access to your own web page/site that you can edit?
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Nope, don't have my own webpage.... Wonders if I could setup my roadrunner account, they allow website and I could link all my bookmarks!

My father in-law bought the 3gs and syncs it with outlook at it also syncs his IE bookmarks. I wish it was that easy for the Pre.

If anyone has easy solution, let me know.
    I use xmarks also. the signing in doesn't really bother me. I like security. But, having a webpage I managed would be helpful. I could copy/paste them all to there, but then would have to keep it updated.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    I use xmarks also. the signing in doesn't really bother me. I like security. But, having a webpage I managed would be helpful. I could copy/paste them all to there, but then would have to keep it updated.
    I would like to open my bookmarks, have folders and select my website. Xmarks works great, just need a rremember me function or option to just link to your bookmarks without a password. I'm not hiding anything in my bookmarks, so don't care if they would be public.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I use my Comcast account's free web site.
    I have one page, that is blank with just a list of Links (in a large point font).
    I added a picture of my kids to use as in icon and then saved the page to the Pre's Launcher and put it in the Quick Launch bar. I use that icon, instead of the default one to access the web.

It's easy to edit the site (I use FrontPage) to add stuff. (Although, I have the same ~15 core sites I used on my Centro, so I don't add to it often).

Downsides:
    Can't edit it from the Pre. I can only add sites from my home computers.
    Hitting "New Card" or "Bookmarks" from the browser's menu, can only access the default bookmark pages.

I mainly started doing it since I had to do a hard reset 4 days after getting the phone and had to re-enter my Bookmarks.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    I use my Comcast account's free web site.
    I have one page, that is blank with just a list of Links (in a large point font).
    I added a picture of my kids to use as in icon and then saved the page to the Pre's Launcher and put it in the Quick Launch bar. I use that icon, instead of the default one to access the web.

It's easy to edit the site (I use FrontPage) to add stuff. (Although, I have the same ~15 core sites I used on my Centro, so I don't add to it often).

Downsides:
    Can't edit it from the Pre. I can only add sites from my home computers.
    Hitting "New Card" or "Bookmarks" from the browser's menu, can only access the default bookmark pages.

I mainly started doing it since I had to do a hard reset 4 days after getting the phone and had to re-enter my Bookmarks.
    Are you able to make folders for your bookmarks on ur webpage? I really like the folders for xmarks but since there is no remember me box, it saves ur login but not password.(hopeflly they update and fix this)
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I guess you could......

You can make one of the links link to another html page which then has the actual links.

Good idea, actually.
    Instead of the one page full of links, you could have one page with just subject headings, which link you to the pages with bookmarks.

I like it