1.    #1  
    I searched for this, may have been posted already, but i didnt see it...

Anyways, not that big of a deal... but I was playing with me pre today..i never use the button, just flick up from the bottom for the launcher or card view, and by accident i noticed that if you are in an app in its full view, and you pull up the wave thing, then flick up fast once its about a quarter way up the screen, the full launcher comes up...with the app still in full view...its only really useful when you are on a phone call, and you want to look through your apps or something...its a bug i guess, but one that isnt bad..

sorry if its already been posted...just got my pre, first post, love the phone...
    Interesting, thanks for the tip.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    It is not a bug. It is a feature. It allows you to quickly access your most commonly used / favorite apps while having other apps being full screened. It is well known.

Press anywhere in the gesture area and drag your finger up and pick which app you want to run. Simple.
  4.    #4  
    no..not just the wave..the FULL launcher...once the wave is onscreen, swipe up fast, and all of the apps come up...like..idk, the full launchers the only thing i know to call it..:-D
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    You mean it starts loading every app (5 of them) from the wave launcher?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    nice tip! somethign I had never noticed
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I think what you're doing is just activating the launcher icon on the wave. When you bring up the wave, then flick up fast, is your finger winding up on the right side? Try flicking up fast, but going to the left. Does your phone activate instead?

The right-most icon on the wave(The grey circle with the up arrow) is the launcher icon. Just bring up the wave, go right until it is highlighted, and release.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasdad View Post
    I think what you're doing is just activating the launcher icon on the wave. When you bring up the wave, then flick up fast, is your finger winding up on the right side? Try flicking up fast, but going to the left. Does your phone activate instead?

The right-most icon on the wave(The grey circle with the up arrow) is the launcher icon. Just bring up the wave, go right until it is highlighted, and release.
    haha, i think you're right. apparently, if you're right handed, this just happens naturally.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
  9.    #9  
    haha...no..wow its really hard to explain on here...tasdad got it right kind of..i dont actually press the launcher...just swipe up faster...here i made a quick youtube video...just now i figured out its useful kinda...if you dont want to go through an extra swipe for card view, or if your viewing a video, or on a call, or whatever, and you want to either look at the apps or open one directly without going to card view...idk, just somethin I haven't seen anyone talk about

10.    #10  
    as long as its the right side...idk, maybe i am hitting close to the launcher at the end...whatevs
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Umm... you are hitting the Launcher icon. You are consistently swiping to the right side. If you tried doing that with your left hand, I assure you... the launcher would not pop up.
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    Umm... you are hitting the Launcher icon. You are consistently swiping to the right side. If you tried doing that with your left hand, I assure you... the launcher would not pop up.
    I tested, yiffzer is definitely right. Try purposely flicking towards the left, it won't bring the launcher up.

However, I never thought to use the wave to bring up the launcher like that. I was just thinking this morning how there are a million ways to do things on this phone and I am having a blast figuring out the most efficient ways to do things. I'll have to try bringing the launcher up this way instead of a double flick.

I love this phone more every minute I use it!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    You don't have to flick it. Just bring the wave to the top of the screen slowly.
    You don't even have to bring the wave to the top. As soon as the wave comes up, just take your finger off of it while it is over the launcher icon.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philburkhardt View Post
    You don't even have to bring the wave to the top. As soon as the wave comes up, just take your finger off of it while it is over the launcher icon.
    philburkhardt is right, just bring up the wave, and release.

Here's a trick I've been using: I use the Web more than anything else on the Pre, so I moved the Web app to the center spot on the wave, so that it is right above the center button in the geusture area. This way, i can just put my thumb over the center buton, then swipe up and hold for a split second, then release. I dont have to move left or right to find the Web app (or whatever your most used app is). With practice i can practically do it without even looking most of the time.
    Just a little trick to shave a few precious milliseconds off of your most frequently used app.
    On any screen, app or not, you can quickly swipe up within the gesture area, but not onto the screen, the 2 little LED lights come on, then the launcher comes up.
    If you are within an app, it will minimize it. If you do it again, it will bring up the launcher, and the 3rd time it will close the launcher. You'll see the 5 favorite buttons and they never go off, they never even blink, like when the wave (mini-launcher) comes up.
    Its a quick swipe (no holding) only in the black gesture area. To bring the wave up you go past the gesture area, but that's not what you want to do here.
    1 swipe minimizes app
    2nd swipe brings the launcher up
    3rd exits launcher
    Quote Originally Posted by jateelover View Post
    haha...no..wow its really hard to explain on here...tasdad got it right kind of..i dont actually press the launcher...just swipe up faster...here i made a quick youtube video...just now i figured out its useful kinda...if you dont want to go through an extra swipe for card view, or if your viewing a video, or on a call, or whatever, and you want to either look at the apps or open one directly without going to card view...idk, just somethin I haven't seen anyone talk about

Haha, is that toilet paper in the background?
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    Its a quick swipe (no holding) only in the black gesture area. To bring the wave up you go past the gesture area, but that's not what you want to do here.
    1 swipe minimizes app
    2nd swipe brings the launcher up
    3rd exits launcher
    I think that's how most folks use the Launcher. However, bringing up the Launcher using the wave is IMO a quicker way to bring up a 2nd app, particularly if you then use the Advanced Gesture to switch back & forth between apps. In that way, you can multitask without ever minimizing apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I think that's how most folks use the Launcher. However, bringing up the Launcher using the wave is IMO a quicker way to bring up a 2nd app, particularly if you then use the Advanced Gesture to switch back & forth between apps. In that way, you can multitask without ever minimizing apps.
    Ok just telling ppl of it if they didn't know. Like almost all of these tricks, they were found by accident! Ltm