1.    #1  
    I typically close the apps when I'm finished with them. However today I decided to leave my fav apps running all day. Sure enough the battery was at 50% before I left from work. For those of you with battery issues maybe try leaving apps closed and only open when necessary.
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/21/2009 at 11:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    I typically close the apps when I'm finished with them. However today I decided to leave my fav apps running all day. Sure enough the battery was at 50% before I left from work. For those of you with battery issues maybe try leaving apps closed and only open when necessary.
    This has been discussed at some length in the thread Improving Battery Life. THere are 15 other tips to also consider.

I found the same results but it depends on the apps.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    I do this and my battery life is still ***
    In my experience leaving multiple cards open do NOT seem to adversely effect battery life unless it's GPS Navigation. Below are my results:

At 12:00PM battery level 91% w/ 0 cards opened
    Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS radios all on

I proceeded to open 18 cards. Including, email w/ 2 accounts, Tweed, Facebook, 3 websites, NY Times, AP News, Fandango, SMS, Google Maps, App Catalog, Accu Weather and a few others I can't remember right now. NOT Sprint Navigation.

At 6:25PM battery level is 59% w/ all 18 cards still open. Made several phone calls and Tweets, emails and texts as well.

12:01AM
    after 12 hours w/ 18 cards open and numerous phone calls plus Wi-Fi, bluetooth and GPS enabled:

Battery at 23%

For a total of 68% battery consumption in 12 hours w/ moderate voice usage. Not the best battery life I've ever seen but I think it's safe to put to bed any worries about leaving cards open excessively draining the battery.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)