Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Just saw it on Comedy Central. It was the woman talking about reincarnation and past lives and then saying something about needing the Pre (while showing it) just to keep track of this life.

They're definitely "out there" with these ads, but they're rather entertaining.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Damn dude that fast?? the comercial just ended hahaha

VERY out there and VERY entertaining. Makes me want to see the next in the series
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    Damn dude that fast?? the comercial just ended hahaha

VERY out there and VERY entertaining. Makes me want to see the next in the series
    LOL! My magic fingers. You'd be surprised what they can do.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Okay, these are just getting dumber and dumber. Seriously? Reincarnation? Phones? What do those have to do with each other?!

The lady in these commercials is downright creepy, and I have yet to see a Palm commercial that even begins to show how incredible this phone really is. They give 28 seconds of a 30 second commercial to the creepy lady. C'mon, now, let's see what the phone can DO.

I think Sprint's Pre commercials are much better...but that's just my 2 cents.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I caught this one last night and it was even more odd than the others. I have no clue where Palm is going with these commercials. Those of us who keep up with news and know what the Pre is will come online to discuss these ads, but your average Joe will simply be weirded out and not give the device another thought.
    Let's see now, the OP is a woman and finds them entertaining and, as I've posted here before, my wife thinks they're cool and now wants a Pre.

Maybe, just maybe, they're not aimed at your average Joe and the folks at Palm aren't all tools.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    "Those of us who keep up with news and know what the Pre is will come online to discuss these ads"

This includes the OP and I'd guess your wife has gathered enough knowledge from you to know about the phone before the commercials even started. Now go to work or to a store and ask random folks what the Palm Pre is and what it can do. I don't think Palm's advertising employees are tools, they just need to be terminated.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    they clearly are not marketed to everyone. People on these boards seem to think the only way for the Pre to successful is for it to compete with Apple in sales or target market and to Target EVERYONE. NO product targets everyone.

If you didn't have a pre or had heard of it before, wouldn't you Google Palm Pre????
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Let's see now, the OP is a woman and finds them entertaining and, as I've posted here before, my wife thinks they're cool and now wants a Pre.

Maybe, just maybe, they're not aimed at your average Joe and the folks at Palm aren't all tools.
    Sorry, I am a woman and I HATE, DESPISE, and DETEST the Palm commercials. Plus, they give me the heebie jeebies. The pre woman is just bizarre.

Oh, and lovely, now one of my Apple fanboy friends calls the commercials the "Freaky Pre-ky" commerials. And He's RIGHT.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Sorry, I am a woman and I HATE, DESPISE, and DETEST the Palm commercials. Plus, they give me the heebie jeebies. The pre woman is just bizarre.

Oh, and lovely, now one of my Apple fanboy friends calls the commercials the "Freaky Pre-ky" commerials. And He's RIGHT.
    Well, you're defective then.

Creepy or not, they sold at least one.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    LOL! My magic fingers. You'd be surprised what they can do.
    Multi-touch gestures?
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Well, you're defective then.

Creepy or not, they sold at least one.
    LOL. I like to think of myself as "pre-fective" thank you very much
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Maybe Palm should try investing money in something else...........

Oh what about trying to find a solution for the horrible battery life my Pre has...
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    they clearly are not marketed to everyone. People on these boards seem to think the only way for the Pre to successful is for it to compete with Apple in sales or target market and to Target EVERYONE. NO product targets everyone.

If you didn't have a pre or had heard of it before, wouldn't you Google Palm Pre????
    Not only that, but everyone seems to think that because Apple has commercials that show the iPhone features, and that appeals to them, that's the only way to market the phone. Like I said before, these Pre ads don't appeal to me either, but guess what - I already own one.

I think what those people are missing, is that Apple already has a cult following. They can put two guys up on screen pretending to be computers and the fanboys eat it up. What they're trying to do with their iPhone commericials is show that there's a reason, other than being a member of the Collective, to buy the phone. It's not just a toy and it does stuff.

I think the Pre commercials are looking for that Cult market. Like the legions of people who bought an iPhone just because it's hip, and not for what it can do. The Spring commercials are covering the other half.
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    LOL. I like to think of myself as "pre-fective" thank you very much
    LOL! I like that.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I just would like the commercials to show off the WebOS, like Sprint's commercial did.
    It can still have those weird off-the-board metaphors.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    Multi-touch gestures?
    Oh yes. And most definitely capacitive touch. I ain't dealing with no stinkin' little stylus.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I just would like the commercials to show off the WebOS, like Sprint's commercial did.
    It can still have those weird off-the-board metaphors.
    I think Sprint is handling the fun technical side well while Palm addresses the mystique and their target audience. New adapters from a new market segment. Palm has already stated that they're trying to target women who typically aren't your biggest new gadget buyers. Wordweaver being an exception, apparently.
    Why do I get the feeling that "Inspired by and designed in California" applies as much to the ad campaign as to the product?

Seriously, I don't think the ads are all that bad... I really liked the original "Flow" ad, in fact. But they're obviously not designed to target the market segment that tends to frequent sites like PreCentral.net (as others have said, they don't NEED to, they have us anyway). I think Palm's low-key campaign is designed very deliberately to build brand awareness and interest before moving to a harder sell in later spots. And it was probably designed to work in concert with Sprint's edgier "Now Network" campaign. And I wouldn't be surprised to see other complementary campaigns appearing soon -- perhaps a print campaign targeting enterprise users and IT managers?

We'll see.
    Here you go:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast