Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Ok , calling out or receiving calls mike will only work
    When phone is set to speaker tried 20 times, did 2 resets
    What gives haven't seen this before.... HELP!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyv69 View Post
    Ok , calling out or receiving calls mike will only work
    When phone is set to speaker tried 20 times, did 2 resets
    What gives haven't seen this before.... HELP!
    Try topping off the earpiece fluid. It worked for me.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Try topping off the earpiece fluid. It worked for me.
    ummm...
    Funny ha ha?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyv69 View Post
    ummm...
    Funny ha ha?
    You are stuck in headset mode, it has been discussed on here several times, take a 3.5mm headset and push / pull it in and out about 50 times it wears it out and it will work properly, it sucks you have to do this but it works!!! Good luck
    I had a similar problem. The ear piece, all of a sudden, didn't work, but the bluetooth and speaker worked fine. Sprint exchanged it no questions asked.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDriver View Post
    You are stuck in headset mode, it has been discussed on here several times, take a 3.5mm headset and push / pull it in and out about 50 times it wears it out and it will work properly, it sucks you have to do this but it works!!! Good luck
    So right you were, thanks I over looked that possibility, took only 25 times to unstick it
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I was "stuck" and did this about 10 times and it's now working....

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Another method that works (not permanently), is while holding the phone upside down, blow into the 3.5mm jack.

Ultimately, I recommend you try getting it replaced. It gets annoying after a while, especially when you have to clear the jack contacts more and more. My first two Pres had this problem but the third one has been rock solid.
    there's a sticky addressing this issue at the forums homepage...I just had to fix mine today by using a toothpick to reposition the little copper-looking piece that you see if you look into the jack...worked for me. Q-tip with some of the cotton removed has worked in the past too.
    Last edited by lenmac08; 05/09/2010 at 04:29 PM.
    just take it in. i had the same thing last week. they gave me a refurb that looked brand new. easy as pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by lenmac08 View Post
    there's a sticky addressing this issue at the forums homepage...I just had to fix mine today by using a toothpick to reposition the little copper-looking piece that you see if you look into the jack...worked for me. Q-tip with some of the cotton removed has worked in the past too.
    theres no reason to fix a phone that shouldn't be broken in the first place. this is covered under warranty.