Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A Palm representative at my sprint store informed me that the next update is 1.4, not 1.1. She also said to expect it sometime from now to the end of the month. She went on to say that the improvements and features are so great that it warrants a jump all the way to 1.4 instead of 1.1.
    I'm not sure if i believe she's telling the truth, but she has told me a few days before that the 1.0.4 update would be released on June 29, and told me it would be a minor update about the package install security issues.
    Maybe, if possible, check at your sprint store Plam representatives and ask if its update 1.4 and tell us if they say anything about it. Talk to a Palm representative, they wear a dark gray shirt with Palm written on it. Here at the S. Sante fe store in oklahoma city they have one at least, during the weekends.

As with all news, even officail news, take it with a grain of salt.

Peace son
    mistake.
  3.    #3  
    *great meaning numorous
    Probably meant 1.0.4.

3rd post...well, let me assure you that you'll learn via these forums that Sprint Reps arent the most accurate.
    it would be absolutely fantastic if this was a MAJOR update that added a lot of functionality.

I would be one happy Goat.

As far as the # goes, that is semantic to me.

By the way... I have always believed in sharing info, even if it can be confirmed or not. (This was a big issue before the Pre was released)

So thanks for the rumor nugget. Makes a Goat happy.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    stop toying with my emotions!
    is it coming soon?
    is it big updates?
    are these representatives you guys talking to women?
    cause women do this to drive men crazy
    at least me
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Probably meant 1.0.4.

3rd post...well, let me assure you that you'll learn via these forums that Sprint Reps arent the most accurate.
    No no, back on about June 24/25th she told me of the 1.0.4 update coming out on June 29th, that it would be minor and for a security isses with package installing. Well she was right, that update came out on the 29th as she said and it was about the email package installing.

Read the whole post not just a few lines.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    stop toying with my emotions!
    is it coming soon?
    is it big updates?
    are these representatives you guys talking to women?
    cause women do this to drive men crazy
    at least me
    Haha, yes in fact, she's a chick but a non-bs one. She's been telling of a major business oriented security update since Une 6th and she was their. This update will be major, whatever the number
    If true, it would make sense to coincide an update upon release on another carrier (Bell).
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    My friend Brian owns 3 Sprint repair centers in NJ and his rep told him to prepare for the update this Wed, but nothing about added functionality. Just exchange server security upgrades and better battery performance
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty78 View Post
    My friend Brian owns 3 Sprint repair centers in NJ and his rep told him to prepare for the update this Wed, but nothing about added functionality. Just exchange server security upgrades and better battery performance
    Yeah exchange has been known since launch day. But hey thanks a lot for checking. Like tomorrow wednesday?
    1.1 is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    No no, back on about June 24/25th she told me of the 1.0.4 update coming out on June 29th, that it would be minor and for a security isses with package installing. Well she was right, that update came out on the 29th as she said and it was about the email package installing.

Read the whole post not just a few lines.
    I read the entire post. Like I said, Sprint Reps have been KNOWN to be more wrong than right. I guess we will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    1.1 is out.
    Looks like Palm is just debugging the impending release. not everyone is getting the update
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I read the entire post. Like I said, Sprint Reps have been KNOWN to be more wrong than right. I guess we will see.
    I meant about the 1.0.4 ordeal, sorry. Yeah I wouldn't think they'd get to much inside sprint info
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Looks like Palm is just debugging the impending release. not everyone is getting the update
    So some are agetting this update?
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Hmm. I guess that's progress!
    being she is from pal, maybe she is already running 1.1 and 1.4 is the next update for her.

well. i tried.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    It's not 1.4. The employee probably didn't know what they were talking about. The Sprint guy who sold me my phone said it had a "3 gigabyte camera".

...Groan...
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    being she is from pal, maybe she is already running 1.1 and 1.4 is the next update for her.

well. i tried.

She shows her pre to potential customers 'n mentions updates and stuff so i'd think she'd say hers is 1.1 but made I can punch her in the face and steal it
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast