Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    My friend's aunt's son-in-law knows a guy who works at a Burger King next to a Sprint store and he said there's supposed to be an update to version 2.3.1b45 this Sunday.
    and this 2.3.1b45 comes with extra pickels, hold the mayo?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    A Palm representative at my sprint store informed me that the next update is 1.4, not 1.1. She also said to expect it sometime from now to the end of the month. She went on to say that the improvements and features are so great that it warrants a jump all the way to 1.4 instead of 1.1.

As with all news, even officail news, take it with a grain of salt.
    I would definitely take this one with a grain of salt. Generally, an upgrade from a 1.0.x version to a 1.1.0 already indicates a more significant change.
    I don't think they would jump from 1.0.x to 1.4.0...it just seems a little arbitrary (from a software development standpoint).

Since Palm is not just talking about a revision change (i.e going from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5) I have high expectations for this next release !
    Last edited by ecb1171; 07/22/2009 at 07:49 AM. Reason: typo in version (1.0.0 should be 1.1.0)
    As long as the upgrade improves the phone, does the number of it matter?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    hey I believe her! synergy.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    My friend's aunt's son-in-law knows a guy who works at a Burger King next to a Sprint store and he said there's supposed to be an update to version 2.3.1b45 this Sunday.
    I heard the same thing via a similar channel... it was the Subway guy next to my sprint store.... Very reliable....
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ecb1171 View Post
    I would definitely take this one with a grain of salt. Generally, an upgrade from a 1.0.x version to a 1.1.0 already indicates a more significant change.
    I don't think they would jump from 1.0.x to 1.4.0...it just seems a little arbitrary (from a software development standpoint).

Since Palm is not just talking about a revision change (i.e going from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5) I have high expectations for this next release !
    Yes, I feel the same. And she said that there is so many updates and features that it warrants a huge jump all the waay to 1.4, instead of 1.1. Still it also needs a huge grain of salt to take with it. If it turns out true, then I'm going to her for all my news.
    Forget rumors and bs journalists after that!
    [edited by dieter]
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drbgotenks View Post
    As long as the upgrade improves the phone, does the number of it matter?
    exactly
    so far, everybody's wrong (as of 11 am, anyways).
    Sho One thats probably one of the best profile pics I've seen in a long time. Almost made me forget about the update.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I talked to the Q'Doba guy who works next to the sprint store after reading this, and he said that he talked to the guy who mows the lawn of the person who does the hair for the Sprint Commercials who said that the girl who is in the most recent commercial said that her agent talked to the guys over at Big 'O Tire next to the verizon store which used to be a shoe repair shop, and that the guy who used to replace the little plastic things on the end of shoe laces told them that the next update was coming "soon"
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Sho One thats probably one of the best profile pics I've seen in a long time. Almost made me forget about the update.
    i agree
  12. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    Mitch Allen is the CTO
    Yeah, Mitch Allen aka "Charlie". You aren't super informed on the tech world are you
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Does anybody really care what the number is? I only care about what fixes are in the update. They could call it J843Y for all I care.

By the way, my neighbor's pet monkey told me it IS going to be called J843Y.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    It's not 1.4. The employee probably didn't know what they were talking about. The Sprint guy who sold me my phone said it had a "3 gigabyte camera".

...Groan...
    There are just no requirements to work as a Sprint rep. Though the two reps I talk to regularly here often say 95%+ of the sprint reps are just freaking STUPID. I take pleasure out of Sprint reps openly bashing the terrible ones.

I'm not sure why everyone is being a pessimistic jerk face to this guy. He's just sharing information from a Rep that works for Palm. A rep that apparently already called the 1.0.4 update?
    Last edited by Sharkims; 07/22/2009 at 11:21 AM.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    I heard the same thing via a similar channel... it was the Subway guy next to my sprint store.... Very reliable....

huh what? for some reason i get distracted when you post and never remember what you say.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Hey what is that internet/s thing u speak of. i hear soon a cellular phone will be able to use that internet/s thing. not sure what for??
    what's a cellular phone?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    "Check out your sprint palm reps"

I did. She's pretty cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riebs View Post
    Does anybody really care what the number is? I only care about what fixes are in the update. They could call it J843Y for all I care.

By the way, my neighbor's pet monkey told me it IS going to be called J843Y.
    I asked my Ouija board to channel a griffon from a higher plane (who are very knowledgable). This griffon in turn got into direct contact with your neighbor's pet monkey and confirmed that's what the monkey said.
    Thanks to Palms OTA updates, Silly season is year-round!!

As for SHO ONE, "...Somewhere, over the rainbow..."!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    I talked to the Q'Doba guy who works next to the sprint store after reading this, and he said that he talked to the guy who mows the lawn of the person who does the hair for the Sprint Commercials who said that the girl who is in the most recent commercial said that her agent talked to the guys over at Big 'O Tire next to the verizon store which used to be a shoe repair shop, and that the guy who used to replace the little plastic things on the end of shoe laces told them that the next update was coming "soon"
    bahahahhahah best post evar!

now when i talk to someone i can say....

I read on precentral that this guy talked to the q'doba guy, who works....
    My Life with the Pre. http://theprelife.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast