Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Did you see Deiter's blog today?

    Look at all of the the new apps in the Hombrew Forum? They are easy to download!

    Our PreCentral members are just on a roll! I find myself now checking in every few hours and always just stunned at the new apps and the constant upgrades.

    Here is a sampling of some of the most popular Homebrew Apps:

    The state-of-the-art Farts app alone covers about 55,000 of the 60,000 iPhone apps!

    If you have not been over to Homebrew in a while, check it out!

    - Craig
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Did you see Deiter's blog today?

    Look at all of the the new apps in the Hombrew Forum? They are easy to download!

    Our PreCentral members are just on a roll! I find myself now checking in every few hours and always just stunned at the new apps and the constant upgrades.

    Here is a sampling of some of the most popular Homebrew Apps:

    The state-of-the-art Farts app alone covers about 55,000 of the 60,000 iPhone apps!

    If you have not been over to Homebrew in a while, check it out!

    - Craig
    woot!
  3. oxeneers's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #3  
    Yes, this was great front page news. Stoked on the addition to our ever-growing "homebrew catalog".
  4. #4  
    How did you miss the MyTether app?!

    Wifi, USB, and bluetooth tethering! (I haven't tried the bluetooth or USB tethering on the current version)

    And if you donate first (a mere $10), you don't have to ever manually gain root access to your Pre! Just install some drivers onto your Windows (Mac, too, I imagine) machine, download the installation file, put your Pre in dev mode, plug in (choosing "Just Charge"), and double-click the installation file.

    If you travel at all and considering that a day of internet access at hotels is usually $10-$15, this app is well worth it.
  5. #5  
    ^WOW! I haven't been to the homebrew forum in awhile. I remember donating to some PalmOS developers for apps that I depended on. This might be one of them. Thanks.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    How did you miss the MyTether app?!

    Wifi, USB, and bluetooth tethering! (I haven't tried the bluetooth or USB tethering on the current version)

    And if you donate first (a mere $10), you don't have to ever manually gain root access to your Pre! Just install some drivers onto your Windows (Mac, too, I imagine) machine, download the installation file, put your Pre in dev mode, plug in (choosing "Just Charge"), and double-click the installation file.

    If you travel at all and considering that a day of internet access at hotels is usually $10-$15, this app is well worth it.
    You are right that is a good one. I did not know about the option to Tether without rooting! I will check that out. Thanks!

    - Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 07/21/2009 at 10:39 PM.
  7. stevied3's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #7  
    I'm going to ask a 'very dumb' question but does homebrewing break your warranty if something was to go wrong with your phone. Again, I am not a tech genius and sorry if it's a dumb question.
  8. #8  
    I had not heard about this.... I'd donate 15 dollars to tether my pre! Please point me in the right direction! I read the stuff on how to tether on your own but it seemed too complicated. Thanks!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevied3 View Post
    I'm going to ask a 'very dumb' question but does homebrewing break your warranty if something was to go wrong with your phone. Again, I am not a tech genius and sorry if it's a dumb question.
    I'd say that technically yes; however, using WebOS Doctor would roll back the rooting.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    I had not heard about this.... I'd donate 15 dollars to tether my pre! Please point me in the right direction! I read the stuff on how to tether on your own but it seemed too complicated. Thanks!
    Here you go:

    My Tether - Tether over WiFi, USB, and BT, v1.2.1[Linux Access Required]

    - Craig
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    If you travel at all and considering that a day of internet access at hotels is usually $10-$15, this app is well worth it.
    Erm, I agree that the tethering application is well worth it... but I've never been to a hotel where the internet access isn't free and we try to travel at least 2 times a year.
  12. SHO_ONE's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    How did you miss the MyTether app?!

    Wifi, USB, and bluetooth tethering! (I haven't tried the bluetooth or USB tethering on the current version)

    And if you donate first (a mere $10), you don't have to ever manually gain root access to your Pre! Just install some drivers onto your Windows (Mac, too, I imagine) machine, download the installation file, put your Pre in dev mode, plug in (choosing "Just Charge"), and double-click the installation file.

    If you travel at all and considering that a day of internet access at hotels is usually $10-$15, this app is well worth it.

    I decided to take another look at tethering, and I was able to install it via sdk.... but it says enabling WiFi Tethering and it hasn't goon out of this mode... is this normal?

    I would love this app, but is there any way of getting this without Rooting my phone?
    Last edited by SHO_ONE; 07/22/2009 at 08:09 AM. Reason: I guess I didn't mis--- speak about the rooting needing to be done 1st....
  13. rotello's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Erm, I agree that the tethering application is well worth it... but I've never been to a hotel where the internet access isn't free and we try to travel at least 2 times a year.
    I'm a guy who spends 160 nights a year in hotels. I assure you they are not all free. I don't get to choose my hotels, though. Surely if I was picking my own, I could get free internet every night, but for someone like me who has a travel department calling the shots, tethering is a lifesaver. Also works in airports (most not free) or where the hotel's free WiFi signal sucks (not uncommon).

    Rotello

Posting Permissions