Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    So I did a search of the forum and could seem to find a relevant post (I know there should be one - I just couldn't seem to find it).

Anyway, here's the scenario:
    My buddy sends me a text message asking for the phone number of a mutual friend.
    Is there an easy way to send my buddy the phone number?
    Or is the Pre like the iPhone was up until the recent update - in other words, do I need to carry around a piece of paper and a pen to write down phone numbers (and other info) that I may be asked to send people?

Or is there a simple way that I can copy-paste the information into a text message and do a quick reply?

If the first way is the only way to do it right now, this is something that SERIOUSLY needs to be addressed by palm
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I ran into the same issue.. best thing I found was to leave the contact open in one card / type in a text message in other card (you can easily switch back and forth seeing what's there..)

-mark
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just figured it out:

1) use Universal Search to find the contact.
    2) Tap on their Name
    3) Tap on EDIT
    4) Highlight their phone number
    5) Copy (either through the menu or by holding finger where swipe area is, then pressing 'C'
    6) Minimize Card - open messaging
    7) Paste (either though menu or by holding finger where swipe area is, then pressing 'V')

Then send it.

Sweet - glad this works.