i know the rumoured date is 7/22?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I'll answer you tomorrow.
    Ask me Thursday.
    i say anytime from tomorrow till next saturday
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Where is the evidence that this will happen besides rumor?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Let's take a cue from the development crew - a Zen approach to the update. It will come when it comes.
    Countless threads on potential updates... who cares when it comes? It's what it does that interests me.

Be it tomorrow or five weeks from now, just let it do something worthwhile.
  8. faz
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Countless threads on potential updates... who cares when it comes? It's what it does that interests me.

I agree with your comment .. take some more time but it should be worthwhile..
    current updates are ok for me nothing exciting....
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    great thread
    Quote Originally Posted by mecca View Post
    Where is the evidence that this will happen besides rumor?
    There is no evidence to support this claim. We just have to wait to see if it pans out.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Yes, but remember that 12:59 p.m. tomorrow is still 7/22 so don't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen all day. They are probably still working on it and need the extra time to make it perfect.
    I'm not sure if you're right. I thought the date changed at noon, not a minuted before 1pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post

I'd rather see incremental updates personally. I really don't want to see Palm go back to their old habits of releasing one update every few years. If they have a nice feature completed, tested, and ready to go out, why wait? Yes, people will complain that it's not the feature THEY want, but that'll happen even with a big "service pack" rollout. Some people will be thrilled with an exchange update, some with battery life fixes, and some with MMS updates, but if they released something every few days, weeks, whatever, it'll be nice just to see gradual improvements.
    LOL...fail.
    Lee Ladisky
    it is official that there is an update. however the only official statement for the update's release date is this:

"next OTA SW update (available on or near 7/22/09)."

you see the "or near" part. Once again, it is official that there is an update - just about every dealer that receives emails from sprint (managers and the like) got this email.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I'd rather see incremental updates personally. I really don't want to see Palm go back to their old habits of releasing one update every few years. If they have a nice feature completed, tested, and ready to go out, why wait? Yes, people will complain that it's not the feature THEY want, but that'll happen even with a big "service pack" rollout. Some people will be thrilled with an exchange update, some with battery life fixes, and some with MMS updates, but if they released something every few days, weeks, whatever, it'll be nice just to see gradual improvements.
    Schnoid, I completely agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I wasn't saying that I am anti gradual updates. I am just anti-pointless updates. There are tons of rumored updates that would be meaningful, and I can't wait to see them in action. However, whether it happens tomorrow or 5 weeks from now, I don't particularly care. Just give me something usefull.
    I have it from an insider that we will either get an update tomorrow, or we wont.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Yes, but remember that 12:59 p.m. tomorrow is still 7/22 so don't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen all day. They are probably still working on it and need the extra time to make it perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemc View Post
    I'm not sure if you're right. I thought the date changed at noon, not a minuted before 1pm.
    I think both of you are on drugs.

12:59pm is 59 minutes past noon
    Data changes at midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    I have it from an insider that we will either get an update tomorrow, or we wont.
    Deep. Brings to mind Murphey's Law #1039.3221

Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

One more... Alberts Law of Hot Stuff

Hot glass looks the same as cold glass.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 07/21/2009 at 05:13 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast