Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I think both of you are on drugs.

    12:59pm is 59 minutes past noon
    Data changes at midnight
    LOL! Nice. Was thinking the same thing ...
  2. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    I have it from an insider that we will either get an update tomorrow, or we wont.
    Lol.

    Sounds like a real big update, just not sure how much of it will benefit the majority of us.
  3. #23  
    I'm going to state what quite possibly will be the obvious outcome of "tomorrow's update".

    - rumor comes out that an update is coming out on x/x/xx, without official statement from Sprint or Palm
    - forum members assume a world of fixes/additions that are coming out on x/x/xx
    - update doesn't come out on x/x/xx as rumored
    - forum members flame Sprint and Palm for the rumor not being true
    - (this is a big one..) everybody assumes Palm is sitting on their hands and doing absolutely nothing to make their product better

    I really want some fixes soon just like the next person, but I'm prepared to glance right over the countless flame threads that are bound to be created when this update doesn't come out on the rumored 7/22/09.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I'm prepared to glance right over the countless flame threads that are bound to be created when this update doesn't come out on the rumored 7/22/09.
    im waiting for this 2....its gonna be funny
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I really want some fixes soon just like the next person, but I'm prepared to glance right over the countless flame threads that are bound to be created when this update doesn't come out on the rumored 7/22/09.
    Too true this is. Reminds me of the time when I posted that the Premier customers would get the Pre early... People still yell at me for that.
  6. #26  
    I was just at a certified Sprint repair store in WI and he told me the Palm rep told him an update was coming Monday the 27th. I was at this repair center for an issue regarding a faulty backlight (on my 5th Pre btw...), and also informed that this update will have a backlight calibration tool.

    Not sure quite what to think, but take it for what it's worth...
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by TMan459 View Post
    I was just at a certified Sprint repair store in WI and he told me the Palm rep told him an update was coming Monday the 27th. I was at this repair center for an issue regarding a faulty backlight (on my 5th Pre btw...), and also informed that this update will have a backlight calibration tool.

    Not sure quite what to think, but take it for what it's worth...
    i actually sorta believe this....so im not waiting for tomorrow....if we get it tomorrow awesome but i believe it'll be on monday
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I'm going to state what quite possibly will be the obvious outcome of "tomorrow's update".

    - rumor comes out that an update is coming out on x/x/xx, without official statement from Sprint or Palm

    You realize that this forum has several sprint employees registered, all of us have confirmed that we got an official email from sprint saying that there is an update "the next OTA SW update (available on or near 7/22/09). "

    "ON OR NEAR". So if it doesnt come out tomorrow, it doesnt mean it will never come out.

    its not a rumor. i would forward the message to you if it didnt say:

    This Message is Distributed to: Regional Service & Repair Managers, Service & Repair Support Specialists, Corporate Staff, and ASCs
    Sprint ASC News
    Sprint Proprietary Information 2009 Sprint. All rights reserved.
  9. #29  
    What will be in the update?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by TMan459 View Post
    I was just at a certified Sprint repair store in WI and he told me the Palm rep told him an update was coming Monday the 27th. I was at this repair center for an issue regarding a faulty backlight (on my 5th Pre btw...), and also informed that this update will have a backlight calibration tool.

    Not sure quite what to think, but take it for what it's worth...
    that sux i was hoping it to come tomorrow
    oh well what can you do?
    back to the waiting game hope the update is worth wild
  11. Romanmb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungryjack View Post
    What will be in the update?
    Exchange stuff mostly, although there will certainly be some small bug fixes as well. There's lots of threads on this: search!
  12. oxeneers's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #32  
    I'm going to a Pre Developer meetup tonight in SF and there will be the Mojo SDK head there. Hopefully we can ask some questions, particularly about this update.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    that sux i was hoping it to come tomorrow
    oh well what can you do?
    back to the waiting game hope the update is worth wild
    whoever said that either has extremely confidential information, or they are wrong. Trust me, I would hear about this.. The only update that employees (including corporate and managers) know about is the one scheduled "on or near 7/22/2009"
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
    You realize that this forum has several sprint employees registered, all of us have confirmed that we got an official email from sprint saying that there is an update "the next OTA SW update (available on or near 7/22/09). "

    "ON OR NEAR". So if it doesnt come out tomorrow, it doesnt mean it will never come out.

    its not a rumor. i would forward the message to you if it didnt say:

    This Message is Distributed to: Regional Service & Repair Managers, Service & Repair Support Specialists, Corporate Staff, and ASCs
    Sprint ASC News
    Sprint Proprietary Information 2009 Sprint. All rights reserved.
    I actually did see that communication posted somewhere and do understand that an update is coming soon. I guess my point was that it was not widely publicized by Palm and we shouldn't put all our money on it, since valid show-stoppers can arise. I want this update to come out yesterday but just hope people don't lose faith in Palm if it doesn't come out tomorrow or the next day.

    But in any event, when this update comes out, no matter how good or bad it is, we all know we'll immediately be waiting for the next one.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Too true this is. Reminds me of the time when I posted that the Premier customers would get the Pre early... People still yell at me for that.
    That was YOU!!! Lying fanboi....
  16. #36  
    So, what will happen if everyone pre owner hits the update button at the same time.

    Idea for new poll - how many times will you try to download the update tomorrow?

    0 - 1 you're a normal person
    2 - 5 Average pre user
    6 - 10 crazy about pre
    > 10 you need to get a life
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by iam4pack View Post
    So, what will happen if everyone pre owner hits the update button at the same time.

    Idea for new poll - how many times will you try to download the update tomorrow?

    0 - 1 you're a normal person
    2 - 5 Average pre user
    6 - 10 crazy about pre
    > 10 you need to get a life
    you mean how many times will everybody try to attempt to download
  18. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #38  
    Do people have lives? check the board one a day and see. It probably won't have anything worth waiting for
  19. #39  
    hopefully as soon as possible
    This signature for rent
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    Do people have lives? check the board one a day and see. It probably won't have anything worth waiting for
    agreed...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions