Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I've been trying to connect to my hp pavilion 9000dv wireless laptop via ad-hoc but have been unsuccessful. I was able to connect with my on palm treo 700w. I'm assuming that there are network files that aren't loaded yet in the os. Will the os update include these new functions? Or am I doing something terribly wrong. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks ahead of time,

    Felix
  2. #2  
    My Tether can connect via ad-hoc wifi. I don't think the Pre will do it OOTB. But if you have a wireless router, I believe you can connect to your laptop through it. Of course, you probably wouldn't need to do that if you had a wireless router (unless you were trying to do cool things to your Pre, in which case you should check out My Tether).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3.    #3  
    I got the tether by aonic to work but I would like to be able to exchange files between my laptop via ad-hoc. Can it be done?
  4. #4  
    I am also interested in this somehow...I know on my mogul, using resco file explorer I was able to transfer files (even install cab programs) via wifi. I see there is no such file explorer program for the pre, or am I missing something?
  5. #5  
    You have to install an SFTP server on your Pre. See the predev wiki, there are instructions.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    You have to install an SFTP server on your Pre. See the predev wiki, there are instructions.
    thats just for file services. Still can not connect via adhoc?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    thats just for file services. Still can not connect via adhoc?
    No, you misunderstood. Once connected via adhoc wifi, courtesy of My Tether, the SFTP server installed on your Pre would allow you to connect via an SFTP client on your computer and transfer files. This is definitely in the advanced category, but there are instructions on the predev wiki.

    You can also use Bluetooth Personal Area Networking to establish connectivity between your computer and your Pre. SFTP then works the same way (but with a different IP address).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    No, you misunderstood. Once connected via adhoc wifi, courtesy of My Tether, the SFTP server installed on your Pre would allow you to connect via an SFTP client on your computer and transfer files. This is definitely in the advanced category, but there are instructions on the predev wiki.

    You can also use Bluetooth Personal Area Networking to establish connectivity between your computer and your Pre. SFTP then works the same way (but with a different IP address).
    Got ya. It would be nice if you could connect via ad hoc without have to use My Tether.

Posting Permissions