1.    #1  
    I have conversations(SMS) with 2 contacts that do not show up on my sms history, but all my other ones with other contacts do. I have to type their contact name to bring it up. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have restarted my device, and also deleted them to see if they restart but it wont even let me delete the whole conversation with those 2 contacts...
    Completely unlink the contacts involved from all other contacts, reboot the phone, then talk to them and see if the conversations show up.

This fixed it for a friend of mine.
  3.    #3  
    What do you mean unlink the contacts involved from all other contacts?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Please do a search its your best friend. But in short you have to unlink one of the profiles (usually the main) from the others, then continue to message them and it should now show in your "conversations" then re link them and viola! you are back in business until it happens again which it most likely will.. so far im lucky enough to not have it happen in sms (unless im not aware and missed a txt) but happens all the time in IM which i find myself fixing at least once a week.. this bug needs to be fixed...
    i just got this bug today. Deleting the contact and re-entering it works, but unlinking works best
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This is an annoying bug in the Messaging app, but the unlinking fix did the trick.
    I receive most of my texts from work, which are sent by monitoring systems (e.g., Nagios) via e-mail. These text messages show as being sent from SMS short number 6245, which appears to be Sprint's e-mail gateway.

After deleting several old conversation threads this weekend, conversations with "6245" are - as described here - no longer showing up.

I don't have this short number listed anywhere as a contact, and so can't unlink it from anything - nor, obviously, can I delete it.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro77 View Post
    I receive most of my texts from work, which are sent by monitoring systems (e.g., Nagios) via e-mail. These text messages show as being sent from SMS short number 6245, which appears to be Sprint's e-mail gateway.

After deleting several old conversation threads this weekend, conversations with "6245" are - as described here - no longer showing up.

I don't have this short number listed anywhere as a contact, and so can't unlink it from anything - nor, obviously, can I delete it.

Any thoughts?
    What did you end up doing about this?