1.    #1  
    i can reproduce the headset issue pretty much everytime where, after using the wired headset, and removing it, the phone will lose its normal volume for system sounds and voice calls...

the only way to make it work again is to plug/unplug the headset multiple times..
    Yes, especially if you pay for ESRP (You'd be a fool not to with an expensive smartphone
    i have the same problem. yes the warranty covers it. ESRP covers basically everything that the 1 year warranty covers, and all sprint service and repair centers can replace your phone covered 100% under the warranty.

still would not be a bad idea to at least get ERP (insurance through asurion) Since liquid/physical damage/lost/stolen is not covered under warranty and you would have to buy a new pre at full retail price (or eBay).
    Isn't there a limit on replacements, something like $1000 in a successive 1 year period? Since the phone is valued at over $500, I belive this means that assurion will only replace it once.

So if the headset issue is not really a ratarding factor for your continued use of the phone I would seriously consider not bothering to replace since, who knows, three months from now someone may steal your Pre.

But then again I'm basing this all on my poor memory and posts I've read on here. To be certain of the terms of the insurance, I would advise checking out your insurance documentation.
    Not sure about the monetary limit, but i do not believe defects are not replaced by assurion. I believe the $7 insurance is actually 2 in 1, $4 for assurion, and $3 for defects and wear and tear.
    A work-around for this is to run the Audio self-tests. This fixes it after you're stuck in headset mode. Just an FYI but it should be addressed system wide thru an OTA update.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Not sure about the monetary limit, but i do not believe defects are not replaced by assurion. I believe the $7 insurance is actually 2 in 1, $4 for assurion, and $3 for defects and wear and tear.
    $4 each or $7 for both.

And asurion is an "incident related insurance company" so unless your phone is physically damaged/liquid etc, they will tell you to take it to a repair center, which the phone would be replaced for free under TEP (the ESRP side) or the 1 year warranty.

However, Asurion has been known to replace phones that are not physically damaged, but you still have to pay $100 deductible.. you could always just throw it against a brick wall then call asurion and tell them that you threw it against a brick wall, then $100 later you have a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Isn't there a limit on replacements, something like $1000 in a successive 1 year period? Since the phone is valued at over $500, I belive this means that assurion will only replace it once.

So if the headset issue is not really a ratarding factor for your continued use of the phone I would seriously consider not bothering to replace since, who knows, three months from now someone may steal your Pre.

But then again I'm basing this all on my poor memory and posts I've read on here. To be certain of the terms of the insurance, I would advise checking out your insurance documentation.
    you can get your phone replaced at a sprint store unlimited times/year under the warranty or ESRP. It's understood that refirbs have defects too, so they do not limit how many you replace. For instance, I had a customer that went through 5 phones in 1 month (samsung upstage is garbage). No questions asked, as long as the phone actually has a defect.

Asurion is a little different, here's the official word from asurion:

"Three claims within any consecutive 12 monts with a maximum replacement value of $1000 per claim".

After 3, you have to haggle with them, they will audit the claims and investigate for possible insurance fraud, since it is an insurance company like Geico is.. its just that they only insure phones.

There is a lot of fine print with asurion.. 1 point to remember.. if you loan your friend the Pre and he loses it - its not covered... you can get all of the information from asurion or sprint, we got pamphlets stating all of this.