Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Couldn't find this thread, so apologies if it already exists. Yesterday, I was talking to my brother, and the low battery tone (20%) BLASTED into my ear, even though it came out the speaker on the back of the phone. Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
    yes, it does it for 20% battery and 10 battery too... sorry that it blasted in your ear.
    The Pre does WORK
    Much better than blasting in your eye...
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ^^^ lmao
    does the same sound when u drop a call
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's very disruptive to say the least... The battery warnings, incoming sms alerts etc. It can be solved by turning down the volume of your system sounds to about 5%. Each time you reset the phone they will be back to 100%. Hopefully Palm will eventually offer individual volume controls and sounds for the different alerts.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Worst thing on the phone IMO. I hate the people i'm talking to hearing my sms tone through the phone...
    i had my headphones plugged in and was on a call.. had the volume up loud and it sounded good.. until i got a text message.. OW
    well the pre knows when you have it up to your ear (as it dims/shuts off your display) so palm should make the pre also make these tones lower.

I am pretty sure this is how the Treo 650/755 worked. If you were on an active call, it would set the volume lower for alerts. But I can't remember.
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    Hm, my blackberry is on vibrate 98% of the time...so this prob. won't bother me much...BUT...that is a weird oversight you would think they would have picked up.

Don't forget, post this at the Palm forum if you want Palm to have a chance to see it.