Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48
  1. JTH182's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just refreshed the page, because I'm waiting to buy online, and the Pre just disappeared!

    There used to be a message telling you to go into a Sprint store to purchase it, but now the phone is gone completely.

    Is this a good or bad sign for those of us waiting to buy online?
  2. yoshk's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #2  
    It will probably be back around Aug 1st. Go buy from a store, if you have trouble with the phone it makes exchanges much easier.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  3. yiffzer's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #3  
    Wow, WTF?

    Sprint - Define Region

    Doesn't even show Palm Pre at all.
  4. JTH182's Avatar
    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    It will probably be back around Aug 1st. Go buy from a store, if you have trouble with the phone it makes exchanges much easier.
    I'm waiting to buy online for an EPRP
  5. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #5  
    Are you talking about the front page? It's dynamic, the featured stuff changes. You can still find the Pre all over Sprint's website..
  6. edoles's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #6  
    The Pre is even gone from the accessories page: Palm Accessories
  7. WAMS's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Are you talking about the front page? It's dynamic, the featured stuff changes. You can still find the Pre all over Sprint's website..
    i think he means from the phone line up.
    The Wams
  8. #8  
    WTF? It REALLY is gone from the phone line up. The Pre shows up in the banner at the front of the site, but it is totally missing from the smartphone line up.

    Um, should we worry? I've never seen this happen before on Sprint.com. All the other Palm phones show up, but no pre? Freakin' odd
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
  9. #9  
    Today I was at a Sprint Corporate Store, and two of the reps I talked to said "we aren't allowed to replace Pre's here anymore, you will have to drive 75miles to get a replacement.". Not sure if that means much, but they also gave me 2 extra Pre batteries for free.
    No idea what's up. I watched him try and sell, and basically sell a Pre to a guy. So they are still selling them.

    Maybe Palm is diverting the QC passing Pre's to other providers in an attempt to flood the world wide market.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
  10. edoles's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    WTF? It REALLY is gone from the phone line up. The Pre shows up in the banner at the front of the site, but it is totally missing from the smartphone line up.

    Um, should we worry? I've never seen this happen before on Sprint.com. All the other Palm phones show up, but no pre? Freakin' odd
    It's happened before with the Curve when it first came out. Sprint couldn't keep up with demand, so they pulled it. Though, the launch of the Curve wasn't nearly as hyped as the Pre and last I heard, stores had the Pre in stock.

    Maybe just a hick-up in the system. Someone fell asleep on a keyboard and deleted the Pre SKU from the system... or maybe they're updating/chaning the SKU for the Pre...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by edoles View Post
    It's happened before with the Curve when it first came out. Sprint couldn't keep up with demand, so they pulled it. Though, the launch of the Curve wasn't nearly as hyped as the Pre and last I heard, stores had the Pre in stock.

    Maybe just a hick-up in the system. Someone fell asleep on a keyboard and deleted the Pre SKU from the system... or maybe they're updating/chaning the SKU for the Pre...
    Okay, I could buy the inability to keep up with demand theory if the pre wasn't ALSO pulled from the accessories page at Sprint.com. That just seems inky. And, most reports of late indicate that there is no longer a lack of supply.

    I'm just a little freaked that the Pre, which is supposed to be the "flagship" device, if you will, has been yanked from the entire site?

    Kind of doesn't make sense.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
  12. zacarias's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #12  
    Welcome to the Now Network.

    It's still on the home page. It's just no longer available to view when trying to buy phones. Less confusing that way IMO.
  13. #13  
    I have to say, I find that weird ! Surely not another 800w were it got pulled, but why on earth would they pull it from the web site ? Are they changing the pricing or some of the discounts ? Even so, they wouldn't have to pull it for that.
  14. cooltpmd's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #14  
    Whether it's an accident or planned ... the complete absence of your front line phone from your list of phones is a problem for Sprint & Palm.

    Guy's ... we know Palm cannot absorb a failure here, so let's hope there is a innocent explanation.
  15. #15  
    The Pre is definitely not a failure as far as WebOS... they'll be ok. With this success I do believe they will be acquired by someone in the near future. Dell? HP?

    Quote Originally Posted by cooltpmd View Post
    Whether it's an accident or planned ... the complete absence of your front line phone from your list of phones is a problem for Sprint & Palm.

    Guy's ... we know Palm cannot absorb a failure here, so let's hope there is a innocent explanation.
  16. #16  
    maybe they are doing a recall and fixing the actual slider. haha
  17. #17  
    I tried to shop any phone and/or accessory on Sprint.com and got this.

    http://nextelonline.nextel.com/temporarypage.shtml

    I tried to embed the pic, but for some reason I can't. Anyone know why? Maybe I don't have enough posts?
  18. #18  
    The whole entire shop section is down. So its not just the PRE. Its funny how people just jump to conclusion so FAST and impatiently. Honestly its one of the biggest problems of this technological era. If people dont see any answer within moments everything is choas.

    "OMG PRE is off of Sprints shop site...Palm is done, Sprint is done, they are recalling all PRE's and trashing them, the world is doomed."---------for example
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    The whole entire shop section is down. So its not just the PRE. Its funny how people just jump to conclusion so FAST and impatiently. Honestly its one of the biggest problems of this technological era. If people dont see any answer within moments everything is choas.

    "OMG PRE is off of Sprints shop site...Palm is done, Sprint is done, they are recalling all PRE's and trashing them, the world is doomed."---------for example
    this
  20. jdub2027's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    The whole entire shop section is down. So its not just the PRE. Its funny how people just jump to conclusion so FAST and impatiently. Honestly its one of the biggest problems of this technological era. If people dont see any answer within moments everything is choas.

    "OMG PRE is off of Sprints shop site...Palm is done, Sprint is done, they are recalling all PRE's and trashing them, the world is doomed."---------for example
    I disagree. For me, the only thing that appears to be missing is the Pre. I believe the OP, like myself, was just wondering if this meant it might be made available for online sale when it's put back.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions