Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    So, I just exchanged my Pre at Best Buy for a new one. The keyboard just stopped at once and would not even work. I restarted, battery pulled, the whole 9 yards. Anyone else have this?

The Best Buy CSR said she has done only 1 exchange on Pres at their location in Colma, so the rumors of all the returns are probably bunk.
    yeah that happened with my first pre but I returned it to a sprint store. they gave me a new phone...and a few days later it happened again. i took it to best buy and the guy pulled the battery and replaced it and it magically began working again
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    What the hell? It is just so bizarre. I was using it fine, then all of a sudden the keyboard does not work. Ugh. Well, I got it exchanged today but I had to re-sign the contract at Best Buy.. does that make any sense?

I don't know. If it happens again I will cry. On the plus side, this phone I got has less oreo, nicer keyboard keys (odd, yes), and a more solid slide.
    Happened to me on the 10th day or so after buying the Pre on the launch day. I returned it to Sprint Store and now waiting for a non-Pre webOS model to jump back in. My Treo 600 is falling apart so they better hurry up..
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Happened to me. I pulled the battery and let it sit for 5 minutes or so. Then the keyboard started working after I put the battery back in.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    My keyboard did not respond when I first got it on release day. Took it to Sprint, they reset the batt, and it's been good ever since.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    "Reset" the battery, meaning simply a battery pull, and then as @santos said, letting it sit out of the phone for 5 minutes, then reinserting and attempting boot?

I should've done that, but, Best Buy replaced it with a brand new Pre. Sprint wanted to do only a refurb, and even the CSR said "Refurbs are ****ed up, trust me." So, yeah. I had a very very very squeaky back cover every time I typed, and especially when I used the backspace/enter button.
    Quote Originally Posted by dylandersen View Post
    So, I just exchanged my Pre at Best Buy for a new one. The keyboard just stopped at once and would not even work. I restarted, battery pulled, the whole 9 yards. Anyone else have this?

The Best Buy CSR said she has done only 1 exchange on Pres at their location in Colma, so the rumors of all the returns are probably bunk.
    Wonderful product. The best palm has ever shipped.