View Poll Results: You ditched your.....for your Palm Pre?

Voters
281. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackberry Storm

8 2.85%
  • Blackberry Curve

38 13.52%
  • Apple IPhone

41 14.59%
  • HTC

77 27.40%
  • Other Palm Device

117 41.64%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I didn't exactly ditch my Curve so much as the Cyclone at Coney Island ate it, but that was my last phone. I sort of miss it sometimes. Can't beat BB hardware, esp the keyboards. I even disagree with people who diss the BB OS, which I think is pretty good, for what it is. Sure the web-browsing sucks, but it rocks at email, handles tons of internet apps easily, and has a customizable home screen. The trackball is kind of a slow way to navigate anymore, so it would be nice to have a kb + touchscreen in one device (which is supposedly coming next year, but I needed a new phone in September, not next year). Otherwise, I was a giant BB fan. I like the Pre, and I won't deny that the browsing beats RIM two ways from tuesday, and there's a few apps that are just better on WebOS, but there's still a huge deficit in available software, and while the hardware keyboard is at least better than typing on glass (and better than the Droid keyboard which I had a chance to play around with), there's jut no comparison to typing on a Berry keyboard.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Xperia X1 with WM6.5.

WebOS is much more productive. I still like the look and feel of the Xperia though.. An X1 with webOS would be perfect (although it'd need a cap touch screen).
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I have come from a wm htc background and was actuallyplanning to get the htc hd2 until I met the pre in my carriers store, loved the look and feel, took the chance and just 4 days in, I can' see how I could ever go back ( still getting used to this keyboard though!)
    Switched from a HTC Touch Pro. There's very few things I miss from it. I pretty much love my Pre. It needs a few improvements here and there but The good outweighs the bad to me.
    blackberry curve here. Mostly miss the superior email and message handling. The keyboard was easier to use too.

but the pre is much more fun and customizable, and I don't regret the switch. If only it had a bis-like service for instant email delivery, even when in a weak signal area. Imap idle still doesn't quite cut it.

hrm. I could always re-enable sms-biff and disable auto mail checking, I guess.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Blackberry Storm
    bb curve but ive left the pre for the htc hero now.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456