1.    #1  
    So my Pre (perfect since launch day) took a swim over the weekend...I'm working through the insurance process right now - Asurion says it may take up to 5 days to get a new one due to demand! Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has been through the process. Does it really take that long? Will I get a new or refurbished? How much of the content actually comes back through Palm's profile service?
    A reburb does not bother me as long as it looks brand new and everything works.
    My girlfriend went through Asurion and her rose colored centro looked brand new. In the box with all the cables and what not. It might be the luck of the draw I guess.
    I just literally had to replace my release day pre which I am upset about and went through my local sprint store since I got a replacement same day instead of dealing with an inop pre and the bs assurion makes you go though like having to fax over an avidavid before they can send a refurb pre to you ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    I just literally had to replace my release day pre which I am upset about and went through my local sprint store since I got a replacement same day instead of dealing with an inop pre and the bs assurion makes you go though like having to fax over an avidavid before they can send a refurb pre to you ...
    I have had three phones replaced in the past and never had to fax anything.
    Haven't had to use my insurance yet. Hopefully I'll never have to. I've heard good and bad things about Asurion. As for a Refurb Pre, I have one and it is my best Pre yet. I had two new ones before and they both had all the manufacturing defects.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I just used the insurance plan this past weekend. Went in to the store for a replacement(I put in my request prior to the 30 day trial period due to some hardware issues and it finally came in about three weeks later) Ended up being a refurb and worse than the one I turned in, only noticing this after I transferred everything over. They didn't have any others in stock so the manager said to put through a claim and have them send a new one out and he would credit me back my deductible.

I put through my claim on Friday and faxed in the avidavid. Today I got a brand new Pre in the box with all the accessories. It had a warranty date of 07/09/2009 and is better than the one I got on release day. It is perfect in every way.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I also recently used the insurance and got my phone in about 5 business. It's a completly new phone in the original packaging that included the charger, the cable and earphones. Signed into my Palm Profile and all of the info and settings were just as I had them.....except for the photos and music.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    An ex girlfriend of mine tried to get her motorola RAZR replaced via insurance on Verizon and they told her it would be 6 weeks due to demand.

This was when you could get a prepaid one at walmart for 25$
    wife had pre stolen, we went through asurion paid the 100 bucks and had a brand new pre in 5 days. could be allot worse we figure. she had to do the faxing and everything as well.

just remember, photo's and music arent backed up so if it still functions as a usb in anyway i suggest pulling them off the old one, though i assume it is a lost cause

good luck!
    In addition ... Application Settings and Bookmarks are not restored ... Just FYI ...
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I have had three phones replaced in the past and never had to fax anything.
    They mad me fax/mail an affidavit and a copy of my state ID/drivers license.

I haven't got my replacement yet, but I'm worried it's gonna have more problems than my old one. Hopefully they actually inspect the thing before sending it out... I won't be paying ANOTHER $100 to replace a broken one they send me.