1.    #1  
    I use sopcast sometimes and i really like the large amount of stations they have. Unfortunately, to stream files from sopcast.com you need flash support. So, I saved some stream links as .pls files and then emailed them to myself. Surprisingly, the Palm Pre can and does open the stream with the media player. Works great too.

Pick you favorite stations and then send them all in 1 single e-mail. Since you need to launch the stream from your email EVERYTIME, this makes things much simpler.

I have not tried to stream video yet, but i cant see why it wouldn't work. would be pretty neat to have some LIVE NFL streams on your Pre, huh.

**just right click 'save link as' on the stream link and it will auto save as a .pls file. (i used firefox)**
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Very Nice! I just tried it with some .pls files I have from Sky.fm. Works great.
    Thanks for the tip.

Dave
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    wish this worked for me. I get the same error I always got with te stream i want to listen to. The .pls loads the player, but does nothing and the .m3u loads and shows the title of the stream but then flashes " an unknown error has occurred" Oh well. I can deal with pandora till a new app is offered.
    I'm sorry, can you help with this further. I went to the sopcast website but all I see is software for Windows and a player.

Where are the channels to look at, so I can test it out.

Or do I have to sign up first?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by dpc111 View Post
    Very Nice! I just tried it with some .pls files I have from Sky.fm. Works great.
    Thanks for the tip.

Dave
    how do i do this with sky.fm?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I'm sorry, can you help with this further. I went to the sopcast website but all I see is software for Windows and a player.

Where are the channels to look at, so I can test it out.

Or do I have to sign up first?

Rob
    Sopcast is a P2P player and you have to find stream links on other sites much like using bittorrent and then getting torrent links from other sites. Don't think I should post links here but if you drop me a PM I can give you a couple of sites to start you off.
    Doesn't let me save as .pls ... It tells me it wants to open it with Sopcast. Could someone PM me a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reallynice View Post
    Doesn't let me save as .pls ... It tells me it wants to open it with Sopcast. Could someone PM me a link?
    I'm having the same problem, using firefox click "save link as" and nothing happens.
    Trying to save link with IE gives error "download could not complete."
    Last edited by stueybuk; 04/12/2010 at 10:14 AM.
    is it possible to stream from ustream.com ?
    i used to watch podcasts but my laptop is fried -- it uses flash. Like im not talking about "live" streams, but older podcasts...

is it possible to stream them?
    Cannot see any way of saving link as pls
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    Cannot see any way of saving link as pls
    Same here - copy link location gives me:

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/*****

where *=the 5digit channel number. just add .pls to this for the pre? doubtful - how do you save those links as .pls with FF?
    Bump, anyone got anywhere with this ?