Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    So the "Locked Screen" needs to be improved. That is alot of wasted real estate to just show the time. I think it would be nice if it also showed upcoming calendar events and even tasks that have a due date. See pic below for an example of how I think it should look:

That looks pretty neat. How about the option to put whatever you want on the locked screen.
    Thats awesome, how can I get it?
    Yeah that would be nice.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Is that photoshopped?
    As a security/privacy paranoid git, I for one would not want all that info being shown while my phone sits on a touchstone.

Just throwing it out there. But I can see the usefulness.

BTW "See pic below for an example of how I think it should look" would be a pretty dead indicator that it is an example and not real, so stop asking how to get it.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Yes, I did this in Photoshop. It's not real. Just playing around

I agree that it would be nice for other apps as well. Calendar, Tasks, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Obviously that may be limited to Palm approved apps with a specific implementation only. As a start I think Calendar is the most important.

As for the security, that's understandable. This feature should be user optional.
    Nice Office Space reference.

I did like the option to have appointments on the lock screen on s2u2.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I would be happy with just a lock screen that doesn't cover the incoming call info.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    This is AWESOME!!! That would be great if they could create an update not making it permanently but an OPTION in the settings!!
    I don't get why they don't recycle the clock from the clock app for the lock screen myself. It looks nicer, and shows properly in landscape mode, which would be nice for leaving it that way on the Touchstone when I go to bed. (Larger numbers in landscape = easier to see without glasses on).
    There a some people trying to get a 'Today App', but this takes it even one step further! Awesome

Now, add outside temperature, number of unread emails, and I'm sold!
    My only problem with the locked screen is that when you receive an incoming call, it covers up the caller ID with "slide up to answer". It's not like there's not enough real estate to put the caller ID somewhere else, or that if you've had the phone for more than 15 minutes you've figured out that you need to "slide up to answer".

Joe
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Interesting idea. It definitely should be an option to turn on or off.

I also like how it's "July 6st" as opposed to July 6th. Gave me a chuckle. Thanks!
    Great idea, but isn't it july 6th instead st?
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I see the usefulness but I also worry of security.
    I'd rather have a battery indicator instead..
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    "I also like how it's "July 6st" as opposed to July 6th."

Ah yes.....I had originally put "July 1st", but I changed it right before i saved the pic, realizing that the current date said "7/6/09" and figured I'd get dogged for having old calendar items.....I always miss those mundane details....grr.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    I'd rather have a battery indicator instead..
    There is a battery indicator in the top right hand corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I don't get why they don't recycle the clock from the clock app for the lock screen myself. It looks nicer, and shows properly in landscape mode, which would be nice for leaving it that way on the Touchstone when I go to bed. (Larger numbers in landscape = easier to see without glasses on).
    I could not agree with you more. YOu have no clue how many times I've said this on my way to bed.

There are a few related things I think would be cool though may not be possible:

- I would like the touchstone to have a bluetooth radio built in with a stereo output port. (would the magnet interfere with the radio?)
    - I would like each touchstone to have some sort of unique ID, which it transmits to the Pre when the Pre is placed onto it. So if you have several touchstones the Pre will actually know which one it's on.
    - I would like to be able to configure an app to appear on any given touchstone. So when I place my Pre on the touchstone next to my bed, the clock app appears. when I place my Pre on the touchstone next to my stereo, Pandora comes up. And when I place my Pre on the touchstone in the office, some sort of Today view comes up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast