Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1. marioc's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
       #1  
    Here's the youtube link to the newest Pre ad from Palm.

    Last edited by Mahootzki; 07/20/2009 at 06:36 PM.
  2. Cringer's Avatar
    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    #2  
    Better then the last one I guess.
  3. #3  
    Thanks.

    A lot less creepy....and more direct message....but still...creepy woman. haha
  4. dre3k2's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    #4  
    Not as creepy as the others... I can actually see the point that they're trying to make.

    But starting out talking about reincarnation and such is still kind of.. weird?.. especially when you add the "zen like" music/scenery and the creepy girl with no tan.
  5. #5  
    I absolutely love these commercials. I've seen more discussion around them than any ad campaign since the Superbowl Hulu ads. Basically, the dominant opinion seems to be: creepy woman, cool phone.

    What more could Palm possibly ask for?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6. #6  
    My problem with the commercials, is I want to see less creepy girl, more cool phone.

    Of course, I already know how cool the phone is because I have one. But all my friends always ask to see the Pre because they said the commercials don't really say anything about the phone.
  7. #7  
    The whole series of ads (except for the first one) do nothing for me. But then I'm not really the targeted demographic. I'm surprised they haven't shown the mirror in any of these yet. *ducks*
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  8. #8  
    I don't know... Still pretty creepy. Although considerably less metaphysical, despite the talk of reincarnation.
  9. #9  
    this commercial still sucks imo...sprint commercials r better
  10. #10  
    ad.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    But all my friends always ask to see the Pre because they said the commercials don't really say anything about the phone.
    Sounds like an ad exec's dream...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Thanks.

    A lot less creepy....and more direct message....but still...creepy woman. haha
    creepy yes but i think she is hot
  13. Phenom's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #13  
    Oh, I thought they'd enhanced the calculator
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    creepy yes but i think she is hot
    If you like the irish woman look...i think she drips of it.
  15. Ryan32's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #15  
    I don't know whats more creepy... The ad in general (her demeanor), or the fact that i find her more and more attractive with each creepy installment. lol.
  16. #16  
    So I'm wondering if most of the people who don't like the ad because we're not the demographic intended for it? As in I'm wondering if they appeal to women over men. My theory is that women make up over 50% the population and smart phone commercials usually target men with the exception of iPhone commercials.

    Would be interesting to take a poll of how women felt about these commercials over how men did.
  17. Phantasmn's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    My problem with the commercials, is I want to see less creepy girl, more cool phone.

    Of course, I already know how cool the phone is because I have one. But all my friends always ask to see the Pre because they said the commercials don't really say anything about the phone.
    I agree. Having 20 seconds of "creepy girl" and 2 seconds of the phone itself is not exactly getting it for me. But this commercial is a little better than the first few, I'll give Palm that much.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    creepy yes but i think she is hot
    I thought I was the only one that thought so!
  19. Phenom's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    So I'm wondering if most of the people who don't like the ad because we're not the demographic intended for it? As in I'm wondering if they appeal to women over men. My theory is that women make up over 50% the population and smart phone commercials usually target men with the exception of iPhone commercials.

    Would be interesting to take a poll of how women felt about these commercials over how men did.
    Oh yeah, these ads are definitely geared at women. And while women make up just over 50% of the population, they make up a significantly higher percentage of sales. Women shop like nobody's business. So making ads aimed at them is very smart business-wise. Palm/Sprint isn't just aiming at the businessmen and businesswomen. They're also aiming for the soccer moms. that's the REAL gold mine.

    I'd be interested to hear what the women posters on the forum think of the commercials in question.
  20. #20  
    I'd say that the ad still sucks. I'm getting a bit tired of this "angel of death" girl (unless they start showing how her life begins transforming after using the Pre).

    Interesting comment about "looking Irish". If she wasn't so "made up", maybe so. They do have a nice green countryside in the background, but I'd want to see more hills for it to be the Ireland that I usually see in pictures.

    They need to get on with the story/plot-line in these commercials (if there is any).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions