Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hmm, I AM the targeted demographic (23 year old techie male...), and these commercials still do nothing for me. I agree, they should show more phone!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I love these ads so much. So vague. So amazing.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    UGH! Why does Mccaully Culkin ,in drag, have to advertise my phone with these commercials that are reminiscent of feminine hygiene product commercials?

My girlfriend has an iphone and now she has ammo to make fun of me... sucks
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Judging from this commercial, I think the target audience is featurless disorganized women with multiple personalities.

She can't keep up with all the lives she's living? What?
    Wife and I agree it should have an ditch the ugly mutant freak for a hot chick in a bikini ( ok maybe not the bikini but at least a semi attractive girl) how many millions more phones would you sell? IPhones just got some weird nerdy god voice.
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Creepy woman with the cool phone rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidminor03 View Post
    Wife and I agree it should have an ditch the ugly mutant freak for a hot chick in a bikini ( ok maybe not the bikini but at least a semi attractive girl) how many millions more phones would you sell? IPhones just got some weird nerdy god voice.
    Your wife wants to see more of a hot chick in a bikini. Dude, you rock!!
    Okay, I'm not into ads, unless it has cool songs or ice cream. Food works too, but mostly ice cream. I'm a woman and I never expect to figure out tech stuff from an ad. That's why I use forums and when I'm in SF, I cruise the Apple and Sony store.

I don't like to shop for clothes, shoes, or fru fru stuff. I like to window shop tech stuff, but when I'm in the mood to buy, I like to go in the store knowing what I want.

Now days the people in Best Buy or other tech stores aren't on commission and they're glorified sales clerks. They don't have any incentive to know the devices, because they get the same hourly pay regardless.

Commercials can't show you everything in 30 - 60 seconds, thus they try to wet your appetite or gain your interest. If creepy girl made anyone w/o a Pre wonder and want to check out the device, they've done their job. They don't need to appeal to us, we already have the phone.

The guy who says three or more people have asked to see his phone after the ad, shows that the ads work. I think that speaks for itself, because any of us woman on this forum are not the ones they're trying to reach so our opinion isn't any more constructive then the guys on the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Hmm, I AM the targeted demographic (23 year old techie male...)
    No, you're not.
    I'm a 40 something techie woman and I think that she is creepy. I like the sprint commercials much, much more. I especially like the one where a guy is facing a wall of cards and he moves them with his hands, it's really cool.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    "Hahaha, I laughed, robots don't have past lives I said."
    First off. Does she have the same skin disease as MJ did? I mean, there's pale and then there's MJ - R.I.P.

Second, who wants to buy the Pre because of this?

Third, I could use the money and could make a better, cheaper ad campaign.

I only complain because I want the phone to do better because I believe in WebOS.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    The flow ad campaign is fail.
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glod View Post
    The flow ad campaign is fail.
    Where's the proof?
    ^ Yeah, exactly. Just because he doesn't like it he thinks it's a failure. I disgaree. I think the ad is enduring.

On another note, I just saw this Web Ad on Wunderground.com

I like it when I find the Web Ads on sites I'm not expecting them to be on. =D
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    the 1st ad was ok, but this one........ just strait creepy, looks like shes gunna suck me in the tv with them eyes!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ken0311 View Post
    UGH! Why does Mccaully Culkin ,in drag, have to advertise my phone with these commercials that are reminiscent of feminine hygiene product commercials?

My girlfriend has an iphone and now she has ammo to make fun of me... sucks
    LOL
    Awkward and stooopid.
    Been avoiding clicking the vid link but ya know how curiousity can get ya... like seeing a horrific car accident on the side of the road and you know it's gonna be ugly... but you have to see it

Suspicions confirmed... Creepy. But at least positive they did take two seconds to show the phone... hopefully over time they will do the other way around with 20 seconds of phone and 2 seconds of girl.

Sprint/Palm... If you're gonna do 20 seconds of nonsense... use Megan Fox next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmn View Post
    I agree. Having 20 seconds of "creepy girl" and 2 seconds of the phone itself is not exactly getting it for me. But this commercial is a little better than the first few, I'll give Palm that much.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast