1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, I new in linux world and I am very interested how we can access the palm pre by rooting it. I am concerned if the linux exploit could put the pre webos in danger?

Any clue?

Regards,
    It's not an exploit, Developer mode is a built-in capability to log in as root. This isn't really any worse than having administrative rights on your Windows machine. As long as you turn off developer mode when you no longer need it, assuming you didn't do something else to make your system less secure, your security should be intact.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    So are you trying to DESIGN a virus for webOS?

I hope not. But a simple redirection to the webOS section in these forums will give you all of the webOS-Linux platform rooting info you'll need!
  4.    #4  
    Thsnk you for this informative information. I will sleep better and still very interested to get the pre when it will be available in canada.

Regards,
  5.    #5  
    Interesting to see how interpreted we can be when we write something.

Have a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    So are you trying to DESIGN a virus for webOS?
    Is that what you got from the 1st post?
    Follow Me On

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Is that what you got from the 1st post?
    Nop! I didn't have a virus neither I have the intention even the knowledge to design one. One think I can say is that I stay caution about virus and black hacking. I am on the white side.

Regards,
    Don't give the Iwhores any ideas.