Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Yea, technician geniuses again!

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Palm were to offer some sort of cloud storage for pictures, etc, at some point. Obviously it's not what the OP is referring to, but I think it's likely and would be cool to have some sort of remote-access drive, especially if you could access its contents from a web browser on your PC, too.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    I'm amazed at the things people keep hearing from Sprint "techs"... Yeah right!

The techs get commision so usually they'll try and sell beachfront property in vegas..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    Yea, technician geniuses again!

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Palm were to offer some sort of cloud storage for pictures, etc, at some point. Obviously it's not what the OP is referring to, but I think it's likely and would be cool to have some sort of remote-access drive, especially if you could access its contents from a web browser on your PC, too.
    You can already do this, you can upload your images directly to facebook or photobucket.
    Maybe the technician didn't say what the OP claims the technician said? I mean, really, if someone believes what the OP claims he was told, maybe he didn't understand what was actually said by the technician.
    I once went into a sprint store and said to the rep' "sprint rep guy/god, my ***** is too small!" He did a quick software update on my shoes and vola I am now 3x my original size! BRING ON THE LADIES!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Oddlou;

Strange that you, who clearly thinks they are smart ... has missed the fact that salespeople say many things that aren't true ... my post is but 1 of many claims.

I am a programmer & beta tester for Palm for years. My guess was that he was just a kid who wanted to sound smart and make the product more interesting.

Again most everyone here is able to discern that the conversation is about Palm's software's ability to improve the hardware ... not my conversation with a Sprint employee.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkolodz1 View Post
    Honestly, This post should be deleted for shear stupidity.
    That technician should be fired for sheer** stupidity.

I can't see them making it 16gb, but freeing some space for users by compressing WebOS would... maybe work?
    Even then, it would be VERY minimal space.
    Those sprint reps really crack me up!
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltpmd View Post
    Oddlou;

Strange that you, who clearly thinks they are smart ... has missed the fact that salespeople say many things that aren't true ... my post is but 1 of many claims.

I am a programmer & beta tester for Palm for years. My guess was that he was just a kid who wanted to sound smart and make the product more interesting.

Again most everyone here is able to discern that the conversation is about Palm's software's ability to improve the hardware ... not my conversation with a Sprint employee.
    Salespeople do, in fact, sometimes say things that are untrue. Another truth is that many people take what they hear, don't understand it, then make some **** up that kind of sounds like what they were told. I didn't say that I know for a fact that that is what you, the OP, did. I just threw that out there as a possibility. Considering that there is nothing in your original post that points to your being incredulous of what you were told by the Sprint tech- in fact, you made it seem as though you believed what you were told and were trying to figure out how Palm might make 8=16, my supposition wasn't that out of line.

But, maybe you're right, I have gone off on a bit of a tangent and maybe focused too much on the potatoes of your post, rather than on the meat. I apologize for that, though, as one of my favorite sayings goes: if you're not off on a tangent, you're going around in circles.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    You can already do this, you can upload your images directly to facebook or photobucket.
    I'm aware of this, but what I'm talking about is an online virtual "drive", storage dump, whatever you want to call it, for any/all files.

If you think about it, this would make a lot of sense with the Synergy concept, particularly since you'd be able to keep files that aren't currently archived by the backup system, etc. To me it makes sense to be able to store some things in one place in the "cloud."

And furthermore, if you upload a photo from your Pre onto Facebook, for example, how would you go about getting it back onto your Pre OTA? You can't.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12