Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I have had my Pre for about 3 weeks and I just started using the headphones to listen to Pandora. They are surprisingly good IMHO. While listening this morning I got a phone call and the ringer volume through those ear buds is enough to make you go deaf. That is a major problem as someone's hearing is going to get damaged.
    yea first time this happened to me I almost had a heart attack..

The phone rings at the ringer volume thru your headset not the volume that you are playing music at.

Ive learned to turn my ringer volume way down when I listen to music.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Wow! How does something like this slip by testing? I hope Palm has this on their list to fix soon.
    look at the bright side...at least you dont miss a call ; )
    Weird mine doesn't do this. When my phone rings through the headset it is a very faint ring. It doesn't even match my ringtone.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Weird mine doesn't do this. When my phone rings through the headset it is a very faint ring. It doesn't even match my ringtone.
    Strange...I wonder if it is build date related? Mine has other sound issues as alarms for the calendar usually don't work unless I reset several times a day.

I am exchanging my Pre today because the slider has gotten so loose and lack of alarms. I'll see how the new one is.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I had a weird event happen when I was listening to music and a phone call came in the other day. I was using the Pre's headphones and I pushed the button on the headphones to answer the call. The call was answered, the music paused, but the phone continued to vibrate like it was still ringing a phone call. This continued even after I 'woke' up the phone and hung up the call via the phone app. It continued vibrating until I restarted the device. Anyone else have this problem?
    Nothing like getting blasted by the "I Love Lucy" theme when my wife calls. Even better is the "It's me, Mario" when my texts come in.
    I turn the switch off on the top, perfect solution.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Another thing really loud is when u drop a call and it gives u the option to redial...is Sooo Loud